Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Greetings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hello.  My name is Oliver, but you can call me Ollie if you like.

I’m not exactly new to the fandom, but I am quite new to this lovely little website.  I discovered it through the Open Directory Project one day looking for furry-related groups.

I would just love to meet some other furries, but they are so hard to find for some reason (at least for me).  I feel so lucky to have found this site;  I honestly had no idea there was such a vibrant furry community in Minnesota!

I’m really hoping I can make some friends here.  I really don’t have a lot of friends (all but one of them lives quite far away) and my social anxiety thing certainly doesn’t help matters.  But I’m here to be nice and not bring in any unneeded drama and such, so all I ask is a little niceness in return.  I am super shy when I first meet people, but I usually come around after I’ve gotten to know people better.

I am really looking forward to meeting you folks, and maybe someday I’ll even attend some of the various meet-ups.

Also, apologies for my lack of a nice avatar.  I have one in the works, but I’m so lazy—who knows when I’ll finish it!

#23912 Quote
    Hello Oliver and welcome to MNFurs!

Name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

Being new can be tough sometimes, so here is what I would like to say…

When/if you decide to attend a meet, first thing I suggest you do is find a place to sit and observe.  Get comfortable that these are people just like you with a lot of the same interests…One of those being furry.  Once you have come to terms with that, say hello to one or two people, introduce yourself, and see if you can get a small conversation going…Granted, it will be tough at first because some may not accept you, but that’s part of the journey of overcoming.  Staying quiet all of the time will make others unsure of you and they will stay distant so make yourself known.

The meets take place at Perkins in Minnetonka and one thing you will notice is groups…Many have their own clique, but sooner or later one will accept you.  Some eventually venture over to Caribou which is next door and another chunk of our community is there too…Heck, I am always available if you need someone to talk to because I am everywhere at the meets.

If you ever need someone to talk to, just ask around for me.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#23914 Quote
    Thank you, Drake!  It’s nice to meet you as well.
    #23919 Quote
    Nice to meet you! I’m Aerak. I’ve been with MNFurs for about 10 years and currently sit on the board of directors. What part of the state are you from? Most of our events are in the twin cities area since that’s where most or our members are located. Our larger events, such as our picnics, have hundreds of furries who attend – but not all events are that large. Our main staple is our bi-weekly furmeet that is currently in Hopkins, but we also have tons of other events throughout the year as well. Everything from parades to bowling. We have one of the best, and most friendly fur groups you will find.

If there’s anything I can do to make your stay here more enjoyable, just ask! =)

#23924 Quote
    Hey Ollie, nice to meet you!

I hear what you’re saying about meeting people. I’m new too, and went to the picnic last week, and I’ll tell you, that was really overwhelming! But the first step to meeting people is to walk up the them and say hello. 🙂 Most of us will be happy to have someone new to chat with, I hope! Like Drake said, you’ll click with some people and not so much with others, so don’t stop trying if it’s like pulling teeth to have a conversation with a group. There’s so many furs that you’ll probably find some people you click with.

Psst

#23926 Quote
    First HI!

Also, apologies for my lack of a nice avatar. I have one in the works, but I’m so lazy—who knows when I’ll finish it!

Nothing to apology. There is no reason why you must have a avatar.

Like Drake said, you’ll click with some people and not so much with others, so don’t stop trying if it’s like pulling teeth to have a conversation with a group. There’s so many furs that you’ll probably find some people you click with.

As Kelossi mention this group is big and has a lot of people of all ages coming from all walks of life. The first people you meet might not be the people you visit or hang out later on.

Meeting new people takes a lot of energy but in the end it’s rewarding.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#23928 Quote
    Thanks so much for the advice, everyone!

Also, Aerak, I’m from the northeastern part of the state, right near the Wisconsin border, and I’m thinking the twin cities area is about 2 hours away from where I live.  Unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to make it to the events in that area just yet, but it’ll happen someday I’m sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.