Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Greetings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hello all. I have a love/hate relationship with introduction posts, because I always feel like I’m at an AA meeting or something (never been to one, and never had an addiction problem, but I *do* watch TV). It’s like, “Hello everyone, my name is Erdrick, and I’m a recovering <insert drug problem here>.”

But on the other hand, they’re a great way to let people know some basic info about you, and also let them get to know you a bit, and what better place for that info than in an introduction post?

Anyways, I’m Erdrick, and I’ve only recently decided to start labeling myself as furry. It’s been a bit of a struggle for me to reach that decision. I’ve long considered myself to be furry by orientation, but given what I knew of the furry community, I wasn’t sure if that was enough in and of itself to call me furry. Oh, I’ve also been a fan of anthropomorphic animals in stories and art for as long as I can remember, I’d love to be able to shapeshift, and I have never felt entirely human, so it really shouldn’t have taken so long, but I guess I just think of the term ‘furry’ as being entirely too amorphous, so labeling myself as such has been anything but easy.

A bit about my basics… My first crush was on Nala (yes, from the Lion King), and growing up I was always more interested in animals than in people. When I found someone’s stash of Playboy magazines in my early teens, I was excited about having picked the padlock on their storage chest and didn’t really care about the contents. Reading Mercedes Lackey books since the age of 10, I always fantasized about the humans falling in love with the Companions and the unicorns and the gryphons, and was always disappointed when they ended up with another human instead. I would have even settled for them dating a dyheli or a kyree, but no such luck–until I read Brightly Burning; but alas, that was only one book and all the others remained disappointing in that regard. Same goes for any other book or TV show or movie that had anthropomorphic animals in it.

When the boys around me were starting to go on dates, and talk about girls and sex, I never shared their interest in girls, and I also never had any interest in guys–my interest was in animals. At the time, I just thought that it was something you had to experience with humans first before you could be interested in them, but because I wasn’t interested in having a relationship with another human, I never pursued one. It wasn’t until I was 16 that I first started accepting that I was never going to be attracted to humans, and it wasn’t until I was 20 that I was willing to admit to myself that I was zoo exclusive.

Nine years later, I’ve finally admitted to myself that I’m furry, too.

SO, yeah. I’m a zoo exclusive furry atheist Jew living in America, with Trump as president, during a resurgence of hatred and vitriol toward the ‘other’. But I’m not going to let it get me down, or stop me from being me. And as such, I’m hoping to start getting involved in the local furry community, and am looking forward to going to Furry Migration this summer if I’m still in the States (or at least in Minnesota, if the US falls apart).

#47504 Quote
    Welcome welcome and if this is an AA meeting. Then damn. I’m here cause I’m to damn fabulous. Either way, I hope you meet lots of friends and people!

Im a total trash mammal.

#47505 Quote
    Thanks! I hope so too. And you can never be too fabulous. Once you reach a certain point of fabulousity (fabulousness?), your awesome level grows exponentially with your fabulousity level. It’s like being weird–at a certain point weird just becomes eccentric, and the more eccentric you are the more interesting you become!
    #47506 Quote
    Nice to meet you Erdrick.

A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

#47507 Quote
    Welcome to the community Erdrick!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#47508 Quote
    Hello there, I’m LGslam. Welcome to MNFurs, it’s nice to meet you. *extends paw out*
    #47509 Quote
    Nice to meet you Erdrick and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

I am part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions/concerns!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#47510 Quote
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
    #47522 Quote
    Hi there! Nice to meet you!
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Tyrell.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Tyrell.

Engineer by day, artist by night.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.