Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hello, I’ve been in the Twin Cities for a couple decades now, but didn’t know about this group until a friend mentioned your upcoming convention.

I’ve been a furry since before the term was commonplace – as a kid, in about ’71 or ’72, I discovered dinosaurs, and started making and illustrating stories about dinosaur/lizard people, and soon branched out into ferret-people and other critters.  Sometime in my teens (’86? ’87?), in the Society for Creative Anachronism, I met Master William Blackfox (Mark Wallace, creator of the comics Warthaven and Vixen’s Keep, and one of the artists on Equine the Uncivilized).  It was a brief meeting at an event – I didn’t know him well – but it was something of a revelation to me.  There were other people who wrote/drew this stuff!  And at least one had enough real-world recognition to have his own comic published!  This was much-needed encouragement, as by that time I was well aware that most people considered my animal-critters “weird” (although Furry fandom did not have the sexual reputation it does now, or indeed any reputation at all).

I started looking for other “animal-people” comics, and discovered Albedo and Fusion, which introduced me to artists such as Steve Galacci, Donna Barr, Lela Dowling, and Terri Smith.  In college I participated for a while in the Barr Wars APA (renamed Bizarre Wars after Donna Barr dropped out) but fell out of it due to (among other things) graduation and needing to find a job.  Since then my drawing/writing has fallen off quite a bit, though I did contribute to some early issues of Spontoon, and still write the occasional filk.

#24853 Quote
    Hello and welcome to MNFurs, David!

The name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you!  *Paw shake*

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#24859 Quote
    Hay, glad to see that you’ve joined us on hear, looking for word to running into you again and seeing you get back up to speed on your art.
    #24860 Quote
    Greeting’s
    #24873 Quote
    hello and welcome *paw shake*
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.