Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello all!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SOOoooo… where to begin?

I was VERY active in the MN Furry community back in 1997-2002 (yes, I’m old.. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately) and the last thing I really attended besides our monthly MN Frozen Furs (what we used to be called back then) meet was Anthrocon 2001.

Back then I went by the name DarkFur, though that name no longer feels fitting, hence the name change.

I moved to NV not long after and the NV furry scene at the time really didn’t exist so I sort of stopped being a social fur.

I moved BACK to MN a few years ago and for whatever reason, I’ve been getting really interested in making a partial fursuit.  I’ve been watching videos and studying and I got to thinking “Huh, I wonder if there are any furs left in MN.  It’d be handy to go to a local meet/event and examine some suits first hand, or talk to other local makers!”  I did some googling and searching on FaceBook (which BTW, how is there no active FB group?  Or did I just not find it?) and came across the site.

I am a little concerned that I’m a bit beyond the average… let’s say “demographic”, but who knows.  Maybe I’m not the only weirdo in my mid-30’s on the board?

In any event, good evening, it’s nice to meet all of you, and hopefully, I’ll be brave enough to actually come to a gathering sometime soon.

P.S. If anyone has ever heard of War Skunk, Seg, Emmy, ahhhhh.. the emo cat girl whose name I can’t remember but she was good artist or any of the other folks who used to meet up way back in the day, I’d get a real kick out of saying hi to them again!

P.P.S. For whatever reason I’m super anxious about actually posting here.  Maybe it’s just meeting new people, or maybe it’s partially publically making it known that I’m part of this fandom again.  Oh well, enough P.S.’s, here we go!

#54726 Quote
    Welcome back
    #54727 Quote
    hi, welcome back! I’m a soon to be 30 something myself. I tried my hand at making a fursuit head a while back, got a pretty good base but never did get around to finishing it with fur. (I wound up getting a great deal on a partial from an established maker.) I did get some great ideas and it sure works as a proof of concept anyway. Did you hear about the bowling event tomorrow (Dec 1) in Arden hills? I’m gonna be going.
    #54729 Quote

Welcome back

Thanks Cal!

hi, welcome back! I’m a soon to be 30 something myself. I tried my hand at making a fursuit head a while back, got a pretty good base but never did get around to finishing it with fur. (I wound up getting a great deal on a partial from an established maker.) I did get some great ideas and it sure works as a proof of concept anyway. Did you hear about the bowling event tomorrow (Dec 1) in Arden hills? I’m gonna be going.

Nice! Glad it’s not all teenagers (not that I have anything wrong with furs of any age, it’s just odd when you’re the old dude in the room).  I did NOT hear about that event, however tomorrow we’re celebrating my son’s B-day so it’s a no-go unfortunately 🙁  Hopefully, I can attend the next one!

#54732 Quote
    I there Patches and welcome back to MN and the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

I am also part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions/concerns!  😀

~ DrakeM.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#54734 Quote

I there Patches and welcome back to MN and the MNFurs community! My name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you. *Paw shake* I am also part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions/concerns! 😀 ~ DrakeM.

Thanks Drake!  I AM trying to figure out the events.  You seem to have them listed under Calendar & Events, and then the abandoned events section of the forums, and then word of mouth.  Is a single source of truth out there?

Thanks again for the warm welcome 🙂

#54739 Quote

Thanks Drake! I AM trying to figure out the events. You seem to have them listed under Calendar & Events, and then the abandoned events section of the forums, and then word of mouth. Is a single source of truth out there? Thanks again for the warm welcome

Official MNFurs-sponsored events go on the events calendar and in the Events sub-forum.  If someone wants to have an event sponsored by MNFurs then an event submission form needs to be filled out.

When community members decide to host their own events then yes, you can post in the events sub-forum, but then you are responsible for your own advertising of it.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, thanks Patches!

~ Drake M,

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#54740 Quote

Thanks Drake! I AM trying to figure out the events. You seem to have them listed under Calendar & Events, and then the abandoned events section of the forums, and then word of mouth. Is a single source of truth out there? Thanks again for the warm welcome

Official MNFurs-sponsored events go on the events calendar and in the Events sub-forum. If someone wants to have an event sponsored by MNFurs then an event submission form needs to be filled out. When community members decide to host their own events then yes, you can post in the events sub-forum, but then you are responsible for your own advertising of it. Let me know if you have anymore questions, thanks Patches! ~ Drake M,

Aaaaahhh, understood.  Thank you

The perils of being a NfP. XD

#54742 Quote
    Hi Patches! I think you were involved a few years before me. I didn’t start becoming active in the fandom until 2004. A lot has changed in that time frame. We have a very diverse group with hundreds of active members. We have everything from teens to a few members in their 60s. So I can assure you, being that I’m 33 myself, you wouldn’t feel out of place at any of our events.

If you have any questions, you’ve already met Drake our Events Fox. Otherwise feel free to ask me as well.

Welcome back and hope you have a good time! =3

#54743 Quote

Hi Patches! I think you were involved a few years before me. I didn’t start becoming active in the fandom until 2004. A lot has changed in that time frame. We have a very diverse group with hundreds of active members. We have everything from teens to a few members in their 60s. So I can assure you, being that I’m 33 myself, you wouldn’t feel out of place at any of our events. If you have any questions, you’ve already met Drake our Events Fox. Otherwise feel free to ask me as well. Welcome back and hope you have a good time! =3

Well, that’s awesome, thanks Aerak!  Also, love your profile pic.  Realistic suits aren’t necessarily my ‘thing’, but it’s always worth recognizing talent and quality when you see it and that thing is great!

#54754 Quote
    Yeppers there are definately older furs too (I’m 43) so don’t worry, seems like the demographic changes with us! Welcome back to the community Patches!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#54772 Quote

Yeppers there are definately older furs too (I’m 43) so don’t worry, seems like the demographic changes with us! Welcome back to the community Patches!

Thanks, Sauce!  And thanks for the welcome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.