Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello everyone!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hi there!

You can call me Wren. I joined the community back in high school, fell away from it during college, and am sorta falling back in now it seems. Minnesota born and raised, but first time with this group (or any real group; back then I really only stuck to FA and didn’t connect too much with folks).

As far as how I first heard of MNFurs: the wonderful world of Google. Watched a youtube video that suggested searching for local groups, and here you are!

Apologies if I’m not too active on here, I just set up a telegram and am still trying to make sense of it, but I should be able to be reached there. (Otherwise, feel free to message me on Twitter @WrenYena 😀 )

I’m also considering purchasing a day pass for the WereCamp coming up to check it out! I’ll be fully honest in that it’s a little stressful, as it’ll be a group of folks I’ve never really met before, but I figure that in a month’s time I’ll hopefully have chatted with enough people and will still have a fun time.

#50367 Quote
    Welcome! I got here through a random reddit post lol
    #50368 Quote
    Howdy Wren!! Welcome to MNFurs!! It’s so nice to nice to be able to meet more folks that come around these parts :3 *extends a wing to you* My name is ROSAI also known as Spade “My Fursona’s name” I am also newer to this group only being about 2 months old now, and I can assure you that if you are concerned about meeting people or having anxiety around newer folks then don’t be cuz the people within this community are very welcoming, friendly and most important they vary. Your sure to find your group of friends here so long as you stay with it and keep looking :3

I actually discovered this group myself after participating at the Furry Migration con back in minneapolis earlier this year cuz I was trying to find more furry friends to mingle and hang out with. Didn’t have much lucky there. But that makes sense given it was a con. Heard about this group and all the events and so far I’ve had nothing but good times 🙂

Also in regards to Werecamp just remember that any furry you interact with is probably gonna end up feeling about the same as you might upon first impression. Most of us have had the bugs when we first started attending events so just relax and try to be as approachable as possible and don’t worry about being judged or any issues you might have. Just be yourself and have fun. Especially considering it’s a camping trip! If you go be sure to take lots of photos to share!! I wanted to go but I can’t sadly cuz of work lol. Being an adult is fun :3

Anyway hope you enjoy your stay and hope to see you around at future events. :3

#50369 Quote
    Thanks for the warm welcome! 😀 And I hear you on the wonderful world of adulting: I’ll be starting a 40 hr/week internship that same week to finish one of my degrees, which is why I’m looking at only doing a day pass instead of the full weekend. Even with the nervous jitters, I’m pretty excited and hopeful for it!
    #50370 Quote
    Welcome, i ended up finding the site the same way
    #50384 Quote
    Welcome to the group! What part of Minnesota are you from? ^_^
    #50386 Quote

I’m from down in Rochester, and living in a mix between there and La Crosse (WI) for work/school.

#50397 Quote
    Hey there Wren and welcome to MNFurs!

I am Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

I hope to see you at some of our upcoming events as well as some of the meets.

I am also part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions/concerns!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#50399 Quote
    Thank you very much 😀

I’m signed up for a day pass for WereCamp and am looking forward to that, and if I’m able to do so I may be making the trip up for the holiday party as well 🙂

#50400 Quote
    Welcome (back) to the community Wren!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#50451 Quote
    I found it via websearch while looking for local stuff to do. Hiya.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.