Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello everyone! (waves paws)

Home Forums MNFurs Introduce Yourself And How Did You Find MNFurs Hello everyone! (waves paws)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hi,

My real name is Christina K., and my fursona name is simple Christina, since I can’t think of anything else to name myself,lol, and I mostly just picture my furry self as an extension of my personality. I’m a fox, though still dreaming of my first fursuit. I’m also 34.

I discovered this group thanks to my therapist whom found it online in one of our sessions while discussing socializing and my furry interest. I never thought to look up local furs, and am usually alone, and didn’t know whether it’d be worth looking for, since I wasn’t aware of much of a community here. But that’s in the past, and I’ve kicked my depressive thinking which holds me back to the curb, and figure it’s time to be proactive. So I thought I’d join and say hello. This looks like a great place from what I’ve seen so far, and I’d love to meet new friends.

I’ve been a furry since before I even knew of the term. I thought it was only me that had such fantasies of being some were-creature/anthropomorphic animal. So it’s great to see I’m not alone, and the fandom has grown over the years. So while I never actively tried to be in the community besides being friends with furries online in the past because of all the drama and lack of self esteem I was dealing with. The interest never went away, and always lingered and I dreamed of one day, making my dream come true and get my own vixen costume made.

I’m also a transgender female and currently transitioning. That’s the main reason I’m seeing a therapist, but we discuss everything and it’s great and has really helped me make progress in my life.

In other areas, I am a huge movie geek and also an aspiring movie maker and have done some amateur acting in short film projects, along with camerawork and editing. It’s a lot of fun. And my projects can be viewed on Youtube. I’ve tried to link the urls in my profile and kept getting an invalid message when clicked on. So I don’t know what’s up with that. So look up The Placebo Smoking Werewolf and you’ll find my page. That’s a film I helped a friend work on and I have a supporting role in it, and I figure it’s on topic with the group. 😉

My directed shorts which I acted in are ‘Where’s Bella?’ and Text: A Unique Vision, and I’m progressing with my craft with every project. I also love writing, and wish I knew how to draw.  I’m also a huge music fan and love rock n roll, along with other genres. But rock is my favorite.

I also have a dog named Bella who is my best buddy and just too adorable. She’s 11 years old and a poodle/chihuahua mix. I’m glad to have adopted her and given her a great home. She’s well behaved and easy to take care of, and just nothing but a lovable dog, that brings joy to my life and the families life.

I’m usually shy around new people and those I don’t know. It’s basically a hold over from my closeted and isolated teen years where I withdrew from the world. But I can loosen up once things are mellow and I feel comfortable enough to just chit chat about anything we find interesting. Most people I know can’t see me as being shy, since I’m so talkative and down to earth with them. But I still run into that nagging shyness when entering new territory. But once I get to know someone, I feel great and any awkward insecure self conscious feelings vanishes.So don’t be afraid to say hello. Sometimes it’s tough for me to break the ice, but I’m trying.  :)Oh and you can find me on Facebook as well, the info is in my profile.

#31002 Quote
    Hello and welcome, I’m reasonably new to the group as well. So far everyone is very nice! Hope to see you around at some of the meets.
    #31003 Quote
    Welcome!  *Paw shake*

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#31006 Quote
    I’m really glad you took the step to joining our group. As a hardcore introvert, I know how scary it is to introduce yourself to new people, let alone an entire community. So I appreciate your bravery, as I know how difficult it can be! I’ll make a note to check out some of your work! 🙂
    #31045 Quote
    Hello and welcome to the community Christina!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#31051 Quote
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. 🙂

#31064 Quote
    Welcome to the group and don’t worry we don’t bite much. More hugs then anything else. Hope to see you at picnic or other events they are full of great people. Also, happy to know your stuggle with depression has been overcome. Just got over mine and I know it’s a pain.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#31096 Quote
    Hello and welcome from a fellow Fox.
    #31216 Quote

Sorry I wasn’t able to make it to the picnic. I was busy and didn’t realize the exact date it was. But it looks like everyone had fun, and you seem like a great group of people to get to know. So I shall make it to an event, provided I have the day free from work.

#32162 Quote
    Welcome to the community, Vixen Christina. Hope you will be able to get the weekend of FM off so you can join us. http://www.furrymigration.org/

Be sure to register soon and as head of Volunteers, I’d love to hear from you!  We have a lot of opportunities!

Look forward to meeting you!!

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.