Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello from Furbit!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hello All!

I’m Furbit!

While I’ve been a closet Furry for well over a decade (enjoying the artwork, mostly), I didn’t really think of my interest in anthro-everything as making ME a Furry.

However (Isn’t there almost always a ‘however’?), one of my dearest friends (who lives out of state and I hadn’t seen in 8 years) invited me to meet him at MFF 2015, which was about half way between where each of us lived. Not having had a vacation in 6 years, I was up for an adventure, so off I went to my very first FurCon!

That event was the highlight of my year, and it changed me profoundly. I have been absorbing all things Furry ever since. I found MNFurs and Furry Migration via a Google search.

I never knew there was a local Con, but you can bet I will be at Furry Migration 2016 if I have anything to say about it!

Me, in brief: I am Male, live in St. Paul, work in Health Care, and my species interest are Dogs & Wolves (I know, I know, how original … lol).

ANYhoo, pleasure to finally be here, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. Thanks for having me.

Life is amusing, though we are losing, drowned in tears of awe. — Kerry Livgren

#38354 Quote
    Welcome! Its wonderful to have you join us here. I had about the same experience as you did, going forever just loving anthro characters and then finally finding the community years later at a con. My first experience was at Anime Detour however. However once I found it, I threw myself in and I’m happy swimming in the fluffy awesomeness of it all.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Ratts.
    #38356 Quote
    Welcome

Arkus A. Mouse

#38357 Quote
    Hello and welcome to MN Furs!
    #38361 Quote
    Hey there Furbit and welcome to the fuzzy community that is MNFurs!

The name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

I am staff with MNFurs so if you ever have any questions/concerns, please feel free to ask here or you can send me an e-mail –> [email protected]

I am glad to hear that after your first con experience it changed things for the better for you.  The first big event that changed everything for me was the MNFurs Fall Picnic back in 2012.  Nerve-wracking at first, but then I opened up to people, made lots of friends, & got to where I am now.

Hmm, my first con was actually a couple of years ago at Anime Detour…Staffed that con for a couple of years as well as AniMinneapolis.  Then came MFF and FM and I hope to make it to FurSquared next year.  Speaking of cons, I am also co-head of Registration for FM so if you have any questions on registering this year, do let me know.  🙂

Again, welcome and enjoy!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#38362 Quote
    Welcome to MNFurs, Furbit! 🙂
    #38364 Quote
    Welcome I’m dragonstar
    #38366 Quote
    Hello and welcome Furbit!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#38369 Quote
    Hello there, the name’s LGslam. *Extend paw out* Welcome to MNFur.

I know how you felt too. I was like you, I liked to view anthro-characters back about 10-12 years. I first noticed about Furries when I went to Anime Detour back in 2013. I was curious about the animal character walking around and thought, “Who are these characters? I never seen them before.” Then I noticed that there were fliers about Furry Migration that is held in Minneapolis the same year in August.

To make a long story short, I had to wait until I was done with college last May to go to the convention. When I went, I felt that I finally found a community that I can be myself and be the inner animal inside me.

It took me some time to figure out my fursona, but I finally came up with a hybrid of Dragon, Wolf, and Kitsune to create Zaki Svart.

#38393 Quote
    Hello and welcome to the group
    #38423 Quote
    Thanks all for your kind greetings.

Life is amusing, though we are losing, drowned in tears of awe. — Kerry Livgren

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.