Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello, I'm "new" here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hello, joined this group around 4 years ago but since then I have probably been on here no more then 5 times I would say. been a bit shy about going to meets cause I don’t know anyone who goes to them. Hoping to make more fur friends πŸ˜€
    #47935 Quote
    Hello welcome welcome!!

Im a total trash mammal.

#47936 Quote
    Hi, Nass! Nice to meet ya. I’m Aerak, one of the fluffs who helps run this group.

I know going to furry meet-ups can be intimidating if you don’t know anyone.Β Lots of them have a table for new members to help with introductions and such. We also have plenty of table top games that can be good ice breakers.

Also,Β if you are ever looking for someone to chat with, feel free to message me. I work from home so I’m pretty much always available. =)

#47942 Quote
    I joined, lurked a while, and finally went to some events solo as I too don’t know anyone in this community (those I have met, I don’t know well yet).

I was pretty open about going up to people saying “I’m new to MNFurs”, doing introductions, and found people are very friendly and polite about it. If you can sum up the courage to do that too, it’s going to help you meet people very quickly. My first event was last year Fall Picnic. Some hundred or more people and I definately had to keep taking pauses to remind myself to be bold enough to go do introductions first. But I’m 100% glad I made the effort.

#47950 Quote
    Never be afraid to say hi at the public event. Yes, there are cliches, all groups have that. Secret is just listen to the various conversations. Β Eventually Β you will find one you have commonality and someone will likely welcome you to conversation.
    #47954 Quote
    Hi there Nass and welcome to MNFurs!

My name is Drake and it’s great to meet you.Β  *Paw shake*

I definitely understand and strongly relate to being new and how it can be intimidating.Β  When I joined MNFurs back in 2012 during the end of summer I attended my first picnic…I believe it was up in Sucker Lake Park with the Red versus Blue theme or something along those lines.Β  I was very nervous and my heart was racing, but at the same time I was excited on what might happen and where I can go in this community…Then also nervous too haha.

First off, I am glad to see that you have taken the first step to make your introductory post here and share who you are.Β  My next suggestion to you is to attend our next Oval fur meet.Β  The next one is June 25 (Sunday) from 3:00 – 8:00 and we have a Meet & Greet table setup.Β  The purpose of this is to have a starting point for our new community members and being able to talk to someone face to face who is on staff.Β  It’s an easier starting point then just jumping in and mingling while not knowing anyone…I know because I have been there.Β  πŸ™‚

I look forward to being able to visit you in person sometime and maybe at the Meet & Greet.Β  πŸ˜€

I mentioned staff above and I am part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns.Β  You can also e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks Nass!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z Β  F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-HeadΒ - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.Β  Have an event you want brought to life?Β  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.Β  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.Β  Attending and have some photography ideas?Β  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.Β  Want a photo or two or more?Β  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#47963 Quote
    Hi there and welcome, im kalan..but you can see that without me telling you lol

I can understand being nervous. I discovered the fandom then like 3 weeks laters went to MWFF, now that was nerve racking, but I found that most people are super friendly and willing to help out. I sat by myself nervously looking around for like an hour before some random fuzzies came over and were like “its your first con isn it”? Im not guaranteeing random people will come up and offer to show you around but the point is theres ussually someone willing to help out

Also if you make it to the picninc dont be afraid to say hi to me im always up for chats

#47972 Quote
    Welcome no matter what Nass, just take your time!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.