Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello, new to MNFurs, new to the fandom

Home Forums MNFurs Introduce Yourself And How Did You Find MNFurs Hello, new to MNFurs, new to the fandom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hello everyone,

As the topic might suggest, I’m new to both MNFurs and relatively new to the fandom altogether. I’ve always liked all things anthro, but I didn’t know there was a name for it or an actual following til I read some hateful comments on a YouTube video. Kinda backfired on the haters, fun when that happens.

Anywho, I was directed to MNFurs by a very generous friend. I told her about my interests, and she thought that was just marvelous. She brought FurMigration to my attention and encouraged me to go. I agreed to just dive in head-first, because that’s kind of how I am with new things. I had also been encouraged by others to strap on some ears and a tail and go – see if it’s my kind of scene or not.

Well, shortly after I had made that decision, I lost my job as an engineer. This friend knew I had planned to practically live off saltines and water so I could spend every penny on furry gear so I could go to the event as full-out as possible, but suddenly my financial priorities had shifted, as you can understand.

But this friend and I were in agreement that the most important thing in life is to have fun, and have good experiences. So she bought me everything I needed to get started and go to the event no matter what. That’s a true friend, right there.

So I owe it to her to be as prepared as possible for the event by September; normally, I’d just wing it, but winging it doesn’t always go my way so I owe it to her to approach this whole thing as informed as possible. I figured I’d go directly to the source for that, and that’s what brings me here.

I know, I’m wordy, but thanks for reading. My heart is just full to bursting from said unexpected act of generosity, so much so I wish I could tell the whole world. Just seems like an excellent note on which to get things started.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Luciano.
    #53616 Quote
    That is a great note! I’m sorry to hear about you losing your job though. Either way, welcome to the group!
    #53618 Quote
    Welcome!
    #53619 Quote
    Welcome to MNFurs! I’m Aerak, the president of the group.

If you are interested at all in testing the waters before Furry Migration, a list of upcoming events is at the bottom of the website. 🙂

#53655 Quote
    Welcome Luciano, hope you enjoy the community!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.