Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello ~ Reakky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hello! My name is Reakky Pilot, or should I say my Fursona’s name is. Reakky is a lime green fox with light blue eyes, grey paws, and white belly. He is very shy at first and awkward around people. A huge introvert. However, those that know him will see a weird they have never seen before, and once you get him started there is really no limit or boundary he won’t cross. He will say things and do stuff at some point that pushes the limits of weird.

I have been interested in anthropomorphic characters since I was a child. It started with the childrens movies, like Fox and the Hound, Lion King, and others. I loved books with anthropomorphic characters as well. I was extremely into the Warriors series, and got through about 12 books, including three Super editions. I became obsessed with the series and got the Secrets of the Clans, and Cats of the Clans books. I liked to pretend I was one of them and came up with my own name and clan. I also read Spy Cat, A Dogs Life, and Animorphs. When I saw the movie Alpha and Omega, a movie about wolves, I thought that a couple of the characters were, well, cute. It was at this point that I realized I was into these animal/human mixes.

I did not know what they were called, or if anyone else was like me, but when I asked around people said no. I figured I must have been an odd person beyond repair, and doomed to be an outsider and picked on. I tried to hide it and did not like myself for it. Recently, in the past two months, I found out about the Fandom and have been a bit obsessed with it since. I’ve done research, found out about a lot of what goes on in the Fandom, found nearby cons – even though I couldn’t possibly go to one, and have done research on fur suits, basically designing one at this point (but still needing a ref sheet). I hope to get a fur suit at some point, but can not possibly afford one any time soon.

The fandom gives me definition, and a description of what/who I am. It almost feels like a family, a community that I can be myself in and be accepted in. I am very glad I have found this fandom and hope to stay involved for many many years to come.
    #12254 Quote
    Hello and welcome,  *giggles* you sound fun, and I am willing to bet that as soon as you let yourself out there your going to have a real blast.
    #12255 Quote
    Hello Reakky. I also have read some of the warriors books and loved them. I actually still want to try to finish the series at my age of 19. I hope to talk to you more and that you have fun in the MN furs group.
    #12259 Quote
    Hello Reakky, it’s nice to meet you.  The name is Drake!  *Paw shake*

I really like the brief description you gave on your lime green fox…Very creative.

Good choices of movies too…I have not seen The Fox and the Hound in ages.  I take it you have seen Fantastic Mr. Fox too, correct?  =p

It will be fun to meet and chat with you in person sometime.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#12267 Quote
    Wow you sound like a interesting studious fox. Will be interesting meeting you at a meet or other event :D  
    #12268 Quote
    Welcome! I hope we can make acquaintances and perhaps even friends soon. ^_^
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.