Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hello there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hello,

My name is Vellus Penumbra I am a silver fox born and raised in Bemidji, Minnesota

I guess I can say I discovered myself as a fur when I was just ending  elementary school (around 11-12). As a child I was a huge lover of wildlife and nature. Living in a heavily wooded area in the country made that easy. I would often pretend to be animals, even around friends playing pretend, I was always the pet, dog, etc. As I grew I discovered my fascination, and more so attraction, with relating to an animal. When the internet became more accessible thats where things got a little more interesting. Surfing the web introduced me to the whole furry culture through stories, pictures, the works.  I’ll admit I was more into the more lewd side of the fandom to begin, but as the years passed I realized there is SO much more than that.

This is very new ground for me, I really have no idea where to begin. I know my main goals are to get in touch with fellow furs, make some friends, and go to some fur cons. I introduced my mate Tala to the fandom after we had been dating for while, and she wanted to know more about it. She discovered her furry side, and suggested that we try to get more involved in the community.

I look forward to seeing what this community has in store. From the looks of things, it looks like a welcoming place.

#47543 Quote
    Hello! Welcome welcome!

Im a total trash mammal.

#47548 Quote
    Hello there, I’m LGslam. Welcome to MNFurs, it’s nice to meet you. *extends paw out*
    #47556 Quote
    Hey there Vellus and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

I am glad and excited that you have discovered our community as well discovering your inner furry self previously.  What is it that you like about the fur community the most?

I know you mentioned towards the end of your post that you are not sure where to begin, but you have already taken the first step.  I hope to see you at some of our upcoming events, regional meets, & Oval fur meets…Matter of fact, the next Oval fur meet is next Sunday the 26th.  I also plan on trying to setup and host another fursuit romp and possibly community bowling for April too.

Lastly, I am part of the MNFurs staff so please do not hesitate to bring up any further questions/concerns!  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#47602 Quote
    Welcome to the group! It’s always great to see new faces.

I’m one of the board members of MNFurs. As Drake already mentioned, once a month we have a giant furmeet at the Oval, a community center in Roseville that draws 100+ people and it’s a really great way to start out. We also have our MN based furry convention, http://www.furrymigration.org

If there’s any other information you need, feel free to contact myself, Drake or any of our other staff. Or members of the community for that matter. We’re a very friendly bunch of fluffs. 🙂

#47609 Quote
    Thanks for the welcome all.

To answer your question Drake, Its probably just how open and friendly a lot of furs are. I would like to get that comfortable with my furry side since it is such a big part of me.

I’m aware of the con in  August but sadly my mate and I will be unable to attend since Ill be preforming in a play those days.

But we travel back and fourth from the cities a lot and if there is an event we can attend even just a small one we will :3

#47612 Quote
    Welcome!
    #47615 Quote
    Welcome to the community Vellus!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.