Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    So I guess this is the part where I tell a little about myself.  The first thing is I am fairly shy so this may very well be the longest post I ever put on here.  It took me a few months to get the courage to at least register and post this, but from reading everyone else’s posts this seems to be a very friendly group, so here it goes.

I am a 32 year old male living in Monticello.  I am still working on figuring out who and what I am.  I am new to the furry community, but I have always been big into animals of all kinds both real and animated.  My favorite has always been the wolf, so that is what I am going for with my fursona.  I have used the call sign lonewolf for many years so used it on here, but with how common this name is I am trying to think of a better name for my fursona.   I work in downtown Minneapolis, so with work and the commute I don’t have much free time during the weeks.  During my free time I am mostly a hermit and stay around the house.  I do enjoy reading and playing video games occasionally.  Mostly I just play WOW.   With my terminal shyness and my hermit status it is difficult to meet new people.  I am hoping to eventually overcome this and get to some of the meets, but it may take me a while to get to that point.  I do not own a fursuit yet.  I want to get one commissioned, but have not found a good way to make a DTD by myself.  I am keeping an eye out on Furbuy to see if something comes up in my size and fitting my fursona.  I think that covers most of the basics.  I look forward to getting to know the people on here better.  If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them.

#21416 Quote
    Glad you found the courage to join and post, I’m quite certain you’ll be happy you did. Everyone here is always happy to meet and get to know new furs. I look forward to eventually catching you at one of the meets, I’m sure you’ll find yourself at home.
    #21418 Quote
    Hello and welcome, we all are looking for word to meeting you at the meets and events, take your time, we wont all are members to be comfortable hear
    #21420 Quote
    Hello Lonewolf, it’s nice to meet you…Name is Drake!  *Paw shake*

It will be fun to meet-n-greet in person sometime…I can see where the commute from the cities to Monticello will make that tough at times.  If you can spend a weekend up here though, preferably on  a meet night, come on down.  =)

BI-WEEKLY MEET INFO:  https://www.mnfurs.org/perkins-meet-bi-weekly/

I see that you also want to overcome shyness (I am now reminded of EarthBound with the Tenda village creatures who are shy)…If you decide to attend a meet, first thing I suggest you do is find a place to sit and observe.  Get comfortable that these are people just like you with a lot of the same interests…One of those being furry.  Once you have come to terms with that, say hello to one or two people, introduce yourself, and see if you can get a small conversation going…Granted, it will be tough at first because some may not accept you, but that’s part of the journey of overcoming.  Staying quiet all of the time will make others unsure of you and they will stay distant so make yourself known.

The meets take place at Perkins in Minnetonka and one thing you will notice is groups…Many have their own clique, but sooner or later one will accept you.  Some eventually venture over to Caribou which is next door and another chunk of our community is there too…Heck, I am always available if you need someone to talk to because I am everywhere at the meets.

Now I know I may be going into this deeply, but I know how it feels to be shy when jumping into something that involves socializing and a lot of it.

Before I moved to the metro July of 2012, I lived in a small town with little to no social interaction except for my high-level job.  When I joined MNFurs in August, it was a big jump into the unknown…I say it that way because I had never been part of a fandom-based community and was worried that I would make no friends or be looked at differently.  My first jump into MNFurs was the 2012 Fall Picnic…I knew nobody and it was very overwhelming.  I knew that if I stayed reserved for too long that it may ruin my overall experience and I would have possibly walked away.  Once I got my picnic badge with my name on it, other community members saw this and sparked up conversations…Boy did that help me out in this new situation a lot.

Moving forward to now, I have made tons of friends, am respected, and have a job in this community and our upcoming convention.  I want the same for you!  =)

I hope this helps buddy, talk to you soon!  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#21422 Quote
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and thanks for the advice Drake.
    #21715 Quote
    For some reason I thought you had been here for a while. O.o

Hello then =3. I’m Zest the Cat.

Fear not about your shyness, you are among the Shyest group of people around.

Hope to see you at the meets! ^-^ Maybe we have already met!

#21719 Quote
    Hello Lonewolf. Welcome to the MN Furs!

The Perkins meets are a great place to introduce yourself and meet people. It might be a long drive from Monticello, but its worth the time.

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#21730 Quote
    Thanks everyone.  I have been to two of the meets now and am slowly becoming more comfortable with the community and myself.  For those that I have met it was good meeting you.  For those that I have not met yet, I look forward to meeting you.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.