Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hey y'all!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Yo, I’m mweep, or Umbrah. A gryphon/feathered dragon (or something like that) hailing from the twin-cities area who also is sometimes a pigeon. Pigeons are great πŸ˜›

I’m a rising high school senior and am trying not to go completely insane from college applications (so far, not doing very well). I like reading and gaming, and I’m a programmer for an FRC Robotics Team. I draw and sketch a bit, badly, and like writing a lot. I’m a total slut for good pens and notebooks (currently: Rhodia A6 Webbie, Lamy Safari, Fisher Space Pen Bullet (brass))

Honestly have been eyeing/lurking this community for a bit now and finally decided to actually post!Β  Of course, now that I might only be around here for another year lol (love MN, but honestly… I need to get away from my parents)

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by mweep.
    #53706 Quote
    Hi, nice to meet you! I’m from the cities as well!
    #53707 Quote
    Welcome to MNFurs! I’m also in the cities!
    #53708 Quote
    Welcome! There is a meet at the Guidant John Rose Minnesota Oval tomorrow if you’re interested in attending! I totally recommend it if you’re new! I’ll be there in suit!

~ YellowEars

#53712 Quote
    I’m in the twin cities too so if you trying to find someone to hang out with, over here this guys gots you(p.s. I’m 20)!
    #53715 Quote
    Thank you all!

@Rikku @Sly I’m probably to be able to make tomorrow, being such short notice, but it’d be nice to meet some of you sometime! Unfortunately, though, parents. But we’ll see, we’ll see. For now I’ll probably just be lurking the forums

Do y’all have a discord/tg/groupme or some groupchat?

edit: also is there a way to ping/mention people in forums?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by mweep.
    #53719 Quote
    Thank you all!

@Rikku @Sly I’m probably to be able to make tomorrow, being such short notice, but it’d be nice to meet some of you sometime! Unfortunately, though, parents. But we’ll see, we’ll see. For now I’ll probably just be lurking the forums

Do y’all have a discord/tg/groupme or some groupchat?

edit: also is there a way to ping/mention people in forums?

#53721 Quote
    Welcome to the group! What kind of material do you like to read?
    #53724 Quote

@GMZilla
    I still can’t figure out how to ping someone for the life of me so I’m just gonna keep doing ALL THE THINGS lol.

I tend to read a lot of SFF as well as LGBTQ+ YA novels. I’m aΒ hugeΒ Sanderson fan (I’ve read like. I think, literally all of his books except one or two older novellas and his WoT books). Speaking of, I’m currently on book 4 of wheel of time. I enjoy hard sci-fi a lot (though I tend to read fantasy more than SF), really liked Seveneves.

For dem Gay Books, I’ve readΒ tonsΒ lol, could recommend gay books and fantasy books in myΒ sleep. Favorites include Simon VS, Symptoms of Being Human, More Happy Than Not, Release, We Are The Ants, and lots more.

How about you?

edit: WHY DID THE PING WORK THIS TIME AND NOT LAST TIME WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by mweep.
    #53730 Quote

@gmzilla I still can’t figure out how to ping someone for the life of me so I’m just gonna keep doing ALL THE THINGS lol. I tend to read a lot of SFF as well as LGBTQ+ YA novels. I’m a huge Sanderson fan (I’ve read like. I think, literally all of his books except one or two older novellas and his WoT books). Speaking of, I’m currently on book 4 of wheel of time. I enjoy hard sci-fi a lot (though I tend to read fantasy more than SF), really liked Seveneves. For dem Gay Books, I’ve read tons lol, could recommend gay books and fantasy books in my sleep. Favorites include Simon VS, Symptoms of Being Human, More Happy Than Not, Release, We Are The Ants, and lots more. How about you? edit: WHY DID THE PING WORK THIS TIME AND NOT LAST TIME WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

I read a lot of stuff, mainly fantasy. Although, I have mainly been reading roleplay adventures since college, but I’ve been looking to update my reading list and get back into reading novels again. If you want to send me recommendations, definitely check it all out. In fact, a Furry reading group would be awesome!

#53751 Quote

@gmzilla I still can’t figure out how to ping someone for the life of me so I’m just gonna keep doing ALL THE THINGS lol. I tend to read a lot of SFF as well as LGBTQ+ YA novels. I’m a huge Sanderson fan (I’ve read like. I think, literally all of his books except one or two older novellas and his WoT books). Speaking of, I’m currently on book 4 of wheel of time. I enjoy hard sci-fi a lot (though I tend to read fantasy more than SF), really liked Seveneves. For dem Gay Books, I’ve read tons lol, could recommend gay books and fantasy books in my sleep. Favorites include Simon VS, Symptoms of Being Human, More Happy Than Not, Release, We Are The Ants, and lots more. How about you? edit: WHY DID THE PING WORK THIS TIME AND NOT LAST TIME WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

I read a lot of stuff, mainly fantasy. Although, I have mainly been reading roleplay adventures since college, but I’ve been looking to update my reading list and get back into reading novels again. If you want to send me recommendations, definitely check it all out. In fact, a Furry reading group would be awesome!

Well for fantasy novels, you can’t go wrong with Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn: The Final Empire. If you’ve read that, then read all the rest of his books πŸ˜› His novels are absolutely fantastic.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed V. E. Shwab’s A Darker Shade of Magic for fantasy, and More Than This by Patrick Ness for a fantastically deep YA novel

#53752 Quote

Well for fantasy novels, you can’t go wrong with Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn: The Final Empire. If you’ve read that, then read all the rest of his books 😛 His novels are absolutely fantastic. Otherwise, I really enjoyed V. E. Shwab’s A Darker Shade of Magic for fantasy, and More Than This by Patrick Ness for a fantastically deep YA novel

I’ll definitely check those out. Thank you!

#53798 Quote
    Welcome to the communityΒ Umbrah!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.