Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Holiday Party Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – Holiday Party Discussion –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    – HELLO EVERYONE! –

Hey there, your Events fox once again and this thread is for an MNFurs Holiday Party discussion.  My planning for this has already begun and more details will be shared when I have more answers.  This is something that I want to happen in December (towards the end of the month) or January (anytime).

This will be very similar to last year’s Post-Winter Party and past Holiday parties.  It will be potluck-style so people can bring their holiday food items as well as beverage items.  Suiting will be allowed, there will be a gift exchange, and everything else that previous parties have entailed.

Do YOU have ideas on some other activities for the party?  Have other ideas on venues to host this party?  Have something else related that you want to share?  Discuss away!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#44586 Quote
    Well certainly if it’s before the 25th we should have a Night Before Christmas reading.  My personal favorite version is Terry Foy’s Da Night Before Chrismoose.  “Da stockings vas hung by the shimney wit care cause Papa wore’d dem for weeks and dey needed some air.”

**EDIT**  The Red Green Show version is pretty good too.  “With a driver in vinyl and artificial fleece I knew in a flash it was my wife Bernese.”

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Shoku.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Shoku.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#44589 Quote
    An interesting idea, thank you for the input Snow.  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#44592 Quote
    hmmmmmmmmm does that mean I can put up a bin “Shadows Birthday Gifts” LOL just kidding though this sad Nightmares b-day is Christmas so I have to be a brat about it 🙂
    #44605 Quote

hmmmmmmmmm does that mean I can put up a bin “Shadows Birthday Gifts” LOL just kidding though this sad Nightmares b-day is Christmas so I have to be a brat about it

I will go with sure.  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#44721 Quote
    – UPDATE –

I have a date reserved and am waiting for approval on a time frame for it.

More details soooon!  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#44730 Quote
    You know, if you do end up wanting to do the reading and I’m able to attend, I’d be  more than happy to do it myself.  Been entirely too long since I got to perform anything, Whose Lion not withstanding.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#44774 Quote

You know, if you do end up wanting to do the reading and I’m able to attend, I’d be more than happy to do it myself. Been entirely too long since I got to perform anything, Whose Lion not withstanding.

Snow, once I get more logistics rolling with the party I will see if I can get your reading in the schedule.  Right now I am waiting for some responses back from the venue for scheduling.

Thank you for your patience!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#44785 Quote
    – UPDATE 2 –

Time frame locked in and our party will be for 5 hours.  Now the fun stuff can begin and that is working on the schedule and seeing about some ice skating.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#44884 Quote
    – SAVE THE DATE –

Sunday, January 8

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#44890 Quote
    When and where will this holiday party happen? I’m very interested!
    #44892 Quote

When and where will this holiday party happen? I’m very interested!

Sunday January 8 at the Guidant John Rose Minnesota Oval in Roseville.  Time frame is not finalized yet so I am not making that public right now.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45067 Quote
    – UPDATES –

Hey there, your friendly Events fox with some updates to keep YOU updated on the Holiday Party.  😀

So far we have a reservation which I shared above (Sunday, January 8), our party will be for 5 hours, we will have early access to our room for load-in items, plenty of tables & chairs, & all the space for our food items and other activities.  Remember, this room can hold up to 200 people.  🙂

One of the big items I am waiting to hear back on is ice skating and if the outdoor rink will be available for the time frame of our party.  They also have an indoor rink I will be inquiring about as well.

This concludes my updates.  Please let me know if there are questions/concerns.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45072 Quote
    – ICE SKATING UPDATE –

As an update to ice skating, there is unfortunately no public skating on the day of the party.  Sorry guys!

More updates soon as I am finalizing our reservation, thinking about the schedule, and so on.  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45131 Quote
    – FINAL UPDATES FOR NOW –

Hey there!  The Holiday Party logistics are all setup and now we play the waiting game for the party to happen in January.

Sometime after MFF in December you will start to hear more on this as that is when I will start pushing this to make everyone aware of it again.  Also during that time you will hear more about the schedule, gift exchange information, food/beverages, etc…

Until then, stay tuned!  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.