Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

I have an odd question

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance Off topic I have an odd question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    i didn’t know were to post this, so here goes

what got you into furries and is it a sexual thing of more of a mental thing were you wish you could have a different body ….. I don’t know a better way to ask sorry if I sound stupid never tried to put my thoughts about this into words.

for me it’s a little of both, one thing lead to another down the rabbit hole of the internet and anthro creatures in general are sexy , and then I have been looking all over to try build a fur suit or anything to replicate the ideas in my head

would love to hear your opinions thanks

#47233 Quote
    Short answer:

I discovered Furry in my late high school and early college years, so it is impossible to separate the two motivations.  Remember kids, there is a time and place for everything, and it’s called College.

#47235 Quote
    My short and simple response to this is that I like the idea of creating a character (me being a fox) to build your personality around and then become that character for a while (ex. In a fursuit).

My fursona use to be Fox McCloud’s brother and was a red fox.  I changed it to a silver fox when I joined MNFurs back in 2012 and revamped his background.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#47236 Quote
    I just have always liked the form.

I think furry characters are often times quite attractive, and that’s not specifically in a sexual sense. There’s a lot more you can do for design when you have different fur patterns on the character. Often times, the pattern placement accentuates the natural beauty of the human form.

That’s one element. The other is more of a spiritual level, in line with Native American power animals, and self identify.

#47237 Quote
    I think for me it might’ve been interest in a slightly counterculture group, along with the fact that getting into furries kinda made me understand how weird people could be and made me a more accepting and friendly individual overall.

Might sound dumb, but hey, I was 13 at the time!

#47250 Quote
    Ever since I saw the movie “Dot and Bunyip” in the 80s I have been fascinated by anthropomorphic animals. I never made associations with Furries until years later. I choose my fursona based on my attitude towards nightlife and my love of the same types of characters in older role-playing game called “Transdimensional Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” (part of the GURPS role-playing system) though my name is from my Xbox live gamer tag.

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#47271 Quote
    I actually found out about the fandom while I had taken up an interest in the concept of transformation (also known as “TF”) for a time during my college years. It was after having seen “An American Werewolf in London” on DVD, and I used to participate on a TF roleplay forum (which no longer exists) where some members had accounts on Fur Affinity. I had also been reading a couple of furry-related webcomics at the time and didn’t even know what furry was. It was while I browsed through the Fur Affinity site that I began to learn more about the fandom and what it was about. It initially looked to me as though furry and TF were almost synonymous in a way, as if I could pretend to become the animal that is most like me whenever I wanted, so I decided to join in on the fandom and create the deer fursona you see today.
    #47294 Quote
    I didn’t know there were other furfans around when I discovered the idea of being a furry in the first place. Before I really had a definition for it, I just liked the idea of being a hybrid human-animal – an attraction to the concept of being covered in fur & having a tail. I was a pre-teen when I realized it was an interesting thing to me. At the same time, I was getting into puburty and sexuality. A lot of my first exposures about being a Fur was very sexual with what I would find online. I didn’t understand it and actively avoided it because it was unnatural. But as I matured and tried to find who I was, I just couldn’t shake that fur content was interesting to me. I had to do more learning to find the FurFandom portion that isn’t sexual. I’m really caught between both, but if simplified, the only thing I really wish I had was a full fur coat the way cats and dogs do, and a tail – an Anthromorph or Hybrid. When it comes to seeing other people who are furs or in a fursuit, I don’t find a sexual appeal to it, more of an artistic appeal or the concept of fun and freedom with acting as oneself.

I am still highly closeted about being a Fur because I only really see it from the negative social stigma. I find it really bizarre that there are active groups like this and fursuiting it totally OK.  I want to be here though and be able to react and enjoy fursuits or talk of animals and etc with the fandom without the fear that it’s all about something sexual. Although, I’m in no hurry to tell my friends or family I’m in this community for fear of the same negative stigma that I first learned about.

I’m more willing to tell somebody I’m gay than to mention I even know what MNFurs is.

#47300 Quote
    I had heard of furries long ago, but dismissed them as being a bunch of perverts. I have learned a lot since then.

About a year or two ago in my early thirties I came out as gay, which was an incredibly challenging experience for me. While I was coming to terms with who I was and being more comfortable expressing who I was, I took up art. I loved drawing chipmunks, foxes, and wolves. I slowly began to identify more and more with wolves. I have always been drawn to them even as a child, for they were beautiful animals that were deeply emotional and loners while also part of a pack. In my journal entries while coming out I began to refer to myself as a wolf. That fit my emotional state very well and helped me stay strong. My friends online started to call me a wolf, and I liked it. When I finally started dating, my future boyfriend called me his fluffy wolf. I drew my fursona Tyrell and felt at ease while wearing a tail. I eventually got a wolf hood with ears that I wear everywhere, even at work. I was amazed at how many compliments I got!

To me, I came out as a furry more or less at the same time I came out as gay. I see embracing my furry side as I do embracing my sexuality- finally being able to be open to myself and to others about who I am and what makes me happy. I don’t like hiding who I am because there’s nothing wrong with me, and hiding brings shame. I’ve had a lifetime of it being bullied as a kid and being in the closet for my entire life, and I’m not going to be ashamed of who I am anymore. No matter what you do or who you are in life, someone will always look down on you. So I do my best not to care about those people and live my life openly and honestly. All of my good friends and family know I am gay, and they now know I am a furry, and they are simply happy that I am happy.

I’m 33, I love watching cartoons, I love drawing animals, I squeee like a little girl at anything cute, I’m gay, and I’m a furry too. When you are your authentic self, people will be drawn to you because of it. I’ve gained so much more than I have lost and most importantly I have gained a lot of self-respect for the first time too.

Engineer by day, artist by night.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.