Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Impromptu fursuit romp

Home Forums Events Impromptu fursuit romp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hello MNFurs community 

This summer has been interesting weather-wise.  Let’s take advantage of the nicer days when we can.  Come and join me down at Theodore Wirth Park for a fun fursuit romp.  From beach walks, to their playground, and to nature, there is plenty to choose from.  Come and be part of the fun before heading over to the bi-weekly meet.

LOCATION:  Theodore Wirth Park + Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden

ADDRESS:  3300 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55422

Head north on 100 and after you pass the exits to I-394/12, take the exit to Glenwood Ave (Hennepin Cty 40) and head east.  Drive past Theodore Wirth Pkwy and the beach house is on your left up ahead.

I understand that others may find their own route(s) to the park as well.

DATE:  July 20, 2013

TIME:  NOON – 4:00

MEETING SPOT:  T. Wirth Park Beach House – https://www.dropbox.com/s/stgmu4b1qu7ht1p/Screenshot2.jpg

FURSUIT CHANGING:  You will have to change in or by your vehicle unfortunately…No rooms in the beach house and the bathrooms were not adequate upon inspection.

WHAT TO EXPECT:  For everyone who will be in suit…July usually gets real warm and humid at times.  With handlers being around be sure to motion for them if you are warm and need to rest and hydrate.  Everyone knows their own limits, so do NOT push yourself as heat exhaustion is serious.

WHAT TO BRING:  Yourself, fursuit, other community members, water bottles for yourself, money for the bi-weekly meet afterwards

SIDE NOTE:  The Wildflower Garden is free admission and I was told that people in fursuits is fine.  There is distance between this and the beach house.  When we walk the garden, we will try to car pool in one or two vehicles and hope there is some free parking spots open.  Parking is limited in the small parking area and many are marked with meters.

MORE INFORMATION:  http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=4&parkid=461

NOTICE:  This is not an official MNFurs sponsored event.  Everything is being planned and executed solely by me.

THE ATTENDEES:  Myself (suiting), Ajax (suiting), Lego Fox (suiting or handler), NorFox (suiting), Pepper (handler), Whaleosaur (suiting or handler), Piroshki (handler), Auron (handler), Omen Jackal (suiter), Trey Faux (handler), D-Generation-X (suiter), Yarrick (photography), Kels (suiter)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#11160 Quote
    I should be able to make it as a suiter
    #11162 Quote

@Norfox said:
    I should be able to make it as a suiter

I’ll be your handler :D

#11168 Quote
    I’ll try to come, maybe with my suit ;u; //still a shy babu but it sounds like fun…!
    #11176 Quote

@Whaleosaur said:
    I’ll try to come, maybe with my suit ;u; //still a shy babu but it sounds like fun…!

If in suit, great, if not, handlers are always needed.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#11186 Quote
    I can most likely come as a handler.
    #11187 Quote
    Thanks Piro…Could use one or two more handlers.  I may just act as a handler as well if we do not get enough.

UPDATE:

Ran into my first snag with this park…There big indoor recreation center is currently under construction for the summer.  Found out about this just recently and they have no other areas to reserve with AC.  The Wildflower Garden only has a small visitor center, but I still have not seen it yet…Not sure if it has AC as well, so I will confirm during my weekend visit.

This could make things interesting as far as areas to cool off.  More info soon, yay logistics.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11188 Quote

@Drake M. said:
    Could use one or two more handlers.  I may just act as a handler as well if we do not get enough.

I am not doing anything that day before the meet, so I would love to come hang out and help out by being a handler! ^_^

#11189 Quote

@Auron said:
    I am not doing anything that day before the meet, so I would love to come hang out and help out by being a handler! ^_^

Wonderful, I have you marked down on the attendees list!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11228 Quote
    Yeah, if I don’t end up bringing my suit I’ll be a handler =u= I’ll just have to see how nervous I am come the 20th lol.
    #11235 Quote
    UPDATE:

I have some new information on this…I will get it up for everyone tomorrow as the romp is this upcoming Saturday.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11236 Quote
    LATEST UPDATE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmctu186v1kjuai/Screenshot.jpg

Above is a Dropbox link to some markups in a Google Maps screenshot.  In it I marked the areas to a beach house next to the park with trails and for the Wildflower Garden.

I spoke to a couple of the life guards on duty and they did not have any issue with us romping around the area…Obviously we do not want to go in the water as that was their only rule to us.  There is also a lot of sandy areas so stay off if you do not want sand in or on your suit.

There is a big playground next to the main beach area.  We can interact with others there while having fun.

There is a parking lot in front of the beach house and it’s free parking…Unfortunately there are no spots inside that have AC.  Members will change in or outside their vehicles and we can meet in front of the beach house.

There are plenty of trails to and from the beach house.  If we all feel like it, we can roam around and maybe go into the more wooded areas…This goes into the topic about the WildFlower Garden

The Eloise Butler WildFlower Garden is a heavily wooded nature walk.  The Wildflower Garden is a 2-3 mile trail with many checkpoints along the way.  After taking a look at a small portion of it, surrounding areas, and the parking area, I am a bit iffy on this…Parking is very limited to FREE spots and some are marked with meter parking.  Walking up to that area from the beach house is a long distance and members in suit walking would be exhausted before reaching it.

What is nice about it though is that we would be more secluded from public crowds and can have fun amongst each other. 

I am going to propose that we only do this if there is a lot of interest.  If interest is high, we can hop in someone’s vehicle with space and car pool up there and take an open parking spot…Otherwise, we can romp around the beach house and the surrounding areas.

MORE INFORMATION: 

To all acting as a handler.  I am keeping an eye on the extended forecast for July 20…It sounds like it will be in the low to mid 80’s (could change later).  Please be mindful of members in suit.  When they get very warm, they will make motions at you to signal that they need to be pulled aside to rest and get hydrated.

REMINDER:  All suiters please remember to bring a water bottle with you for handlers.

IMPORTANT:  INFORMATION IN FIRST POST HAS BEEN MORE DEFINED

Let me know if any questions arise!  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11252 Quote
    My attendees list shrank a bit…A few had to drop out due to other things coming up.

For confirmed suiters so far there is myself, Ajax, & NorFox…Whaleosaur was a maybe along with Lego Fox.

Still not bad…Actually, with a smaller amount of suiters, the WildFlower Garden is looking more doable.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11256 Quote

@Drake M. said:
    My attendees list shrank a bit…A few had to drop out due to other things coming up.
    For confirmed suiters so far there is myself, Ajax, & NorFox…Whaleosaur was a maybe along with Lego Fox.
    Still not bad…Actually, with a smaller amount of suiters, the WildFlower Garden is looking more doable.
    ~ Drake M.

Awwww it’ll be fine.  :3.  We’ll have a LOT of handlers lawl.  Don’t forget to bring sunscreen!

#11259 Quote

@Pepper
    said:
    Awwww it’ll be fine.  :3.  We’ll have a LOT of handlers lawl.  Don’t forget to bring sunscreen!

Yeah, sure we will have more handlers, but it will still be a good time and it will be fun.

QUESTION:

Since we are a smaller group now, mainly suiter-wise, do we want to try the Wildflower Garden walk?

See everyone Saturday at noon!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.