Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Issues At Meets

Home Forums MNFurs Announcements Issues At Meets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    This is a reminder on behalf of the official and unofficial meets at the restaurants we dine at. Unless otherwise posted, Perkins in Hopkins is the only official meet site for the bi-weekly meet. Any other sites such as Applebees, Carribou, etc are unofficial. That being said, we have heard from the management of all three mentioned places about some serious issues which affects all the restaurants we visit.

1. People are coming in without ordering anything. This is a common courtesy as the livelihood of the servers and kitchen staff is based on income generated from the tables you are using.

2. Please pay your bills. There has been an alarming number of people not paying their bills lately, and the estimates are now in the triple digits in loss to the restaurants.

3. Respect other patrons and staff. Other patrons have been driven away from these restaurants because of certain activities, noise, and behavior, and we’ve been told restaurant staff have been disrespected as well. Restaurant management has stated that they have considered kicking out some (and possibility all) of our members from their establishments.

We of Minnesota Furs work hard to provide regular, safe, and affordable meet sites, and we will continue to do so without pushing the formal sites as the only option. But the behavior of a small group will ruin it for all of us. Restaurants. like hotels and other entertainment establishments, talk with each other, and the poor behavior above will make it harder for all of us to group socializing. So please, order food, pay your bill, and respect other patrons and staff, as well as encourage others around you to do so.

#23476 Quote
    There are a couple of things I want to point out from the 4/26/14 bi-weekly meet…This can also tack on to the initial post.  I will keep this in a more generalized tone…

– Someone brought in an external food source to Caribou

– People not leaving when an establishment is on or past closing time

To touch on the first point…I was getting something at Caribou and glanced over at one table and noticed this.  Someone brought in a food item of their own and said item is NOT something sold at Caribou…I briefly spoke with that person and the night went on.  When you are at a place of business like Caribou and other places, please be courteous and purchase food from said place of business.  The food items, coffee, smoothies, etc are inexpensive and we need to be respectful.  If you are waiting to have a full meal, please venture over to Perkins, or get an item at Caribou to tied you over…

On the last point, when it was 9:00 I noticed a chunk of people still in Caribou…A couple of times I noticed some of the staff motioning for these people to move outside.  I decided to go in and kindly inquire if they need assistance getting them out (part of our group)…The staff member motioned towards wanting me to do so and I got them up and out.  This is pretty self-explanatory, Caribou closes at 9:00 so be mindful and try to be out 5-10 minutes prior.

I have made this post simply because I saw these as issues and I wanted to share them…No one is in any trouble nor am I pointing at anyone in this post.  I just want this to be seen so we can work on this moving forward.

Caribou, AppleBee’s, and elsewhere are not officially bi-weekly meet locations, but a majority us are at these places…This being said, we need to remember to be mature and respectful at these places of business.

Let’s work together on this.  If you notice someone come into Caribou or AppleBee’s and you notice they do not have anything, inquire on if they plan to get something.  This will be positive in the long run.

THANK YOU!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#23477 Quote
    Everyone pay their BILLS this time?
    #23520 Quote
    I can see bringing food to caribou. Since they are mostly a coffee shop. I can also see bringing drinks to caribou, such as a pop, since again coffee shop. However, if the person brought like a bag of food from McDonald’s or something, I can see the issue. And if anyone had to bring in their own meal, I’d say they should at least eat it outside. Just my two cents.

Oh well, I have no clue what is going on back where there are “people” since I’m stuck out in nowhere land.

#23524 Quote
    It’s incredibly rude and improper to bring any outside food or drink into a restaurant. They are operating a business – not a community center.
    #23544 Quote
    I agree with Aerak. It’s actually kinda sad to know that those things are happening. It would really suck if we had to find a new place to go for the meets!
    #23546 Quote

This is pretty self-explanatory, Caribou closes at 9:00 so be mindful and try to be out 5-10 minutes prior.

And to tack on: Minimize your footprint.

By that I mean how much crap you have along and how much of a mess you created. Caribou is a coffee shop so the response should be “what footprint?” but I know how the business side feels -> they want to go home too! If it means getting out 20-30 minutes out sooner, giving ample time for them to properly clean and close, do it!

They either are spending that time cleaning or closing the doors for the morning crew to deal with. and that will irk anyone!

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Twisted.
    • This reply was modified 10 years ago by Twisted.
    #23549 Quote

It’s incredibly rude and improper to bring any outside food or drink into a restaurant. They are operating a business – not a community center.

And to tack on: Minimize your footprint.

By that I mean how much crap you have along and how much of a mess you created. Caribou is a coffee shop so the response should be “what footprint?” but I know how the business side feels -> they want to go home too! If it means getting out 20-30 minutes out sooner, giving ample time for them to properly clean and close, do it!

They either are spending that time cleaning or closing the doors for the morning crew to deal with. and that will irk anyone!

Very agree. Imagine for a moment that you’re the coffee shop. From a financial perspective, the best scenario is that a customer comes in, buys a drink (or several) and then leaves. This ties up the staff for a minimal amount of time, doesn’t use any space, and doesn’t require any additional maintenance/cleaning after the fact.

While the space does invite congregation, it’s clearly designed for smaller groups. It’s critical to realize that we’re stressing their infrastructure simply by being there, en masse, for hours at a time. Doing so means a lack of space for other paying customers, so the least we can do is throw some money at Caribou and be respectful of the people and space for tolerating our presence.

Seriously though, money talks. If you, as a business owner/manager/etc, could see that your income was lower when a particular group was at your business, would you want them to stick around?

TL;DR:
    buy things at wherever you are
    – don’t take up all the space
    – don’t make a mess
    – be nice to employees (this includes leaving before closing)
    – be nice to everyone else

#23550 Quote
    A way to think about it is you should treat visiting these places as if you were going there alone. Would you just go and sit at a booth in Applebee’s and expect them not to mind?
    #23889 Quote
    You mean the businesses that pay their employees slave wages while they maximize their profit margins in order to make sure a CEO somewhere is a multi millionaire? We’re supposed to have compassion for them?

They’re lucky we don’t burn them to the ground. That we’d actually go into these places, and sometimes even PAY them for things; that’s miraculous.

Be nicer? They should be nicer to their repeat, group clientele. Free drinks occasionally. Perhaps some free pie. Maybe even punch. They could even pair them, and give the group free punch and pie. Or coffee and scones, whatever, my point is:

This post is silly.

If adults don’t want to pay the places, they aren’t going to. If people getting together and acting like themselves disturbs some of the norms, sorry to say but I think that’s part of the point of meeting up with other alternative people. So you can redefine what’s normal, and live comfortably every couple weeks around other people like you.

Ofc, maybe that’s not what mnfurs.org is about. Who knows! Maybe it’s just a massive marketing ploy to take advantage of an often times insecure and therefore vulnerable group of people via the twin tools of materialism and a need to belong in order to pull in absurd price points for cons or meets. idk.

It’s a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, followed by post after post of people agreeing with one another like robots. Either there is some Nazi uber mod, or this community is about as interesting as a paper clip.

Oh, and an interesting side note. “They are a business, not a community center.” Why not just meet up at a community center? Don’t they even have sleep overs at those things if they’re arranged ahead of time?

Caw caw!

#23890 Quote
    Can’t tell if you’re trolling or just have a delusional sense of reality.
    #23891 Quote
    Don’t engage this person, guys, let the site admins handle it.

Psst

#23892 Quote
    Scary, so you police yourselves from having conversations that aren’t just agreeing with authority… I guess that’s a checkmark in the uber Nazi mod box then. *sigh* For the record, I’m not trolling. If not agreeing with authority is unpopular here, or giving over your lives to money and greed are the norm, I’ll happily delete myself and leave you all to your business.

I happen to be a furry, was looking for other furries, came upon this site, and this was the first post I read. I was so shocked at the fact that no one said two words in disagreement that my full on rebuttal engine kicked in.

“Don’t engage this person, guys, let the site admins handle it.” Makes me sound like a disease rather than someone with a differing opinion. :/

Caw caw!

#23893 Quote
    You’re being immensely antagonistic and I cannot understand how you would think that addressing this subject in this way would be productive.

Psst

#23894 Quote

Scary, so you police yourselves from having conversations that aren’t just agreeing with authority… I guess that’s a checkmark in the uber Nazi mod box then. *sigh* For the record, I’m not trolling. If not agreeing with authority is unpopular here, or giving over your lives to money and greed are the norm, I’ll happily delete myself and leave you all to your business.
    I happen to be a furry, was looking for other furries, came upon this site, and this was the first post I read. I was so shocked at the fact that no one said two words in disagreement that my full on rebuttal engine kicked in.

“Don’t engage this person, guys, let the site admins handle it.” Makes me sound like a disease rather than someone with a differing opinion. :/

Using the Nazi comparison in the first post isn’t really helping anyone think otherwise. Instead you spout this both relativist and elitist conglomeration of phrases that don’t really mean anything beyond the definition of a troll post. There is a difference between a dissenting opinion and an opinion oblivious to reality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.