Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Japanese Lantern Festival SUNDAY!

Home Forums Events Japanese Lantern Festival SUNDAY!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Japanese Lantern Festival – August 18th @ Como Zoo Conservatory.

From the St. Paul – Nagasaki Sister City Committee website: “The Lantern Lighting Festival, the largest Japan-related festival in Minnesota, takes place in Como Park every August. Modeled after summer festivals held across Japan, it features stage performances, cultural demonstrations, activities, and, of course, Japanese food. The event is reminiscent of Japan’s annual Obon holiday, an important cultural and family event. During this holiday it is said that ancestral spirits revisit their families for three days. Many people will return home to pay their respects at grave-sites, and often small paper lanterns are lit and floated down the river to guide ancestor’s spirits. The Obon Festival also features the Bon Odori, or folk dance, in which all are invited to join in the circle and dance.”

#11486 Quote
    Tek, do you mind if I cross post this to the Anime Twin Cites site? I’m sure a few Anime Detour folks will be interested in this.
    #11487 Quote

@Procyon said:
    Tek, do you mind if I cross post this to the Anime Twin Cites site? I’m sure a few Anime Detour folks will be interested in this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.