Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

July Fursuit Romp

Home Forums Events Twin Cities Fur Meets July Fursuit Romp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Come on out and join us for another fun outdoor fursuit romp on July 11th.

[See the full post at: July Fursuit Romp]

#59151 Quote
    This is not a far drive from me, and on a Sunday, which is when I have work scheduled off so there shouldn’t be anything stopping me from attending this time. Assuming I can get a ride, I should be able to go, I can’t wait! Thanks for hosting this romp, it’ll be my first one 😀
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Ace.
    #59153 Quote
    It’s being held in the metro area again? Didn’t people try in central and even up in Duluth for gatherings? or is the twin cities the only prime spot, not everyone feels okay going there, Mostly due to traffic and routes to the metro, more people want to do romps outside it but seem scared to like it angers everyone if you don’t stay in the metro area.
    #59154 Quote
    Hi, the main announcement page says June 17, FYI.

Can my 11 yo attend, w/o a fur suit? Do you have resources to help him acquire one?

Thanks!!

Jeremouse

#59159 Quote
    Fursuits are never required to attend any furry events. Romps are basically just walks through an area with others (some suited and some not) and it’s all-ages. Most events are kept to all-ages unless otherwise stated.  As for getting a suit for them, I’d do a little Search-Fu on the internet for fursuit tutorials if you really plan to deal with that. Personally I’d wait until someone has mostly stopped growing as it’s super easy to outgrow things as a child or teen.  But if determined to do it, I’d maybe check for some things on how to build/modify one yourself or befriend someone with the skills to do so for a fee, so you can change things as needed as they grow. To buy one outright can get very expensive. Hope you guys enjoy your time!
    #59160 Quote

Hi, the main announcement page says June 17, FYI. Can my 11 yo attend, w/o a fur suit? Do you have resources to help him acquire one? Thanks!! Jeremouse

Hi Jeremy!

Absolutely, your 11/yo can attend our event.  Please make sure yourself or another parent/guardian accompanies.

Thank you!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#59183 Quote
    Just be careful, some people in suits are known for more X-rated things such as the Naughty Anubis who was seen at the last fursuit romp, so caution is highly advised. Just search on Twitter for yourself for Naughty Anubis and you will see, and no it’s not bullying as some may think, it’s giving advance notice to those that need to know the whole thing.
    #59186 Quote
    Appreciate the concern being addressed Richard. Although, as with any fandom out in the wild, every fandom is going to have its adult-side to it. Thats not exclusive to the furry fandom in any capacity.

I can assure all attendees to our events that they’re enforced strictly as a PG space for all ages and we take any issues that bring it out of that PG space seriously and address them on a case-by-case basis.

I can assure that (atleast personally), I haven’t had any negative encounters with this Anubis individual and anything they do on their personal time outside of our events is none of our business, should be respected, and should not be brought up.

Jeremy, As the current president of our org, I’d be happy to take any concerns that you may have by email if you have any, [email protected], do a video call, or maybe meet up at (or outside) an event sometime and I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by DrRaccoon.

Furry Migration Staff (Video Head & Digital Signage) & MNFurs President.

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#59188 Quote

It’s being held in the metro area again? Didn’t people try in central and even up in Duluth for gatherings? or is the twin cities the only prime spot

Also to touch base on this (Sorry, I meant to reply sooner). We welcome our community to run any events they want in their local area and we’ll happily provide resources to help promote. I strongly encourage you to write an email to [email protected] and start talking about potentially running an event in your local area! Maybe start small with something like a coffee meet, then work your way up to something bigger like a fursuit romp or something. This is how events get started in different areas. I originally came from Fargo, ND before I moved to MN and this is how our events started out there.

We’re a volunteer-based organization and do our best to provide events for everyone in our local state to enjoy. However, a majority of our staff ran events (such as the romp) cannot put a ton of work into events outside of our area because we’re already pretty tied up with full-time jobs and other commitments.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#59191 Quote
    Thank you so much for that offer, Rico! I will definitely be in touch! I will see how he wants to engage. July 11 sounds like a great opportunity.

– J

#59193 Quote
    Hi there! As previously mentioned by others, fursuits are never required to attend events, both suiters and non suiters can have just as much fun and make as many friends 🙂

Second of all, regarding attaining a suit, I personally would start off with just a raptor mask or a Maskimal. These are cheap suit alternatives, and give people the chance to figure out whether suiting is for them. I have seen far too many times when people spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on fursuits, just to realize fursuiting is not for them. So it is always best to first try out with cheaper alternatives.

If your son ends up enjoying it a lot, only then would I possibly look into getting a fursuit. Although, as previously stated by Innouva, fursuits are best to wait until younger people are fully grown. As if you get your child a fursuit while he is still growing, there is a chance he could grow out of it and then you would have to spend more money to buy a new one or get the previous one altered to fit him again.

Although, if your child really is wanting a fursuit, and he has already tried out Maskimals/raptor masks and truly wants to try the real thing, I would suggest just getting a mini partial fursuit (which is a head, paws, and a tail). Paws and tails usually stay fine, (even after growing they usually still can fit). As for the head, I would recommend getting a head that is either adjustable in sizing, or a head that is a bit bigger than your son currently is, so that way he can grow into it.

You can buy fursuits either by specifically commissioning someone to make a custom fursuit, or by buying an already made (premade) fursuit by fursuit makers online. There are tons online, such as on the Dealer’s Den, Etsy, and many other places where you can find them. Again, before considering buying a suit though, I would strongly suggest that your son tries on a suit before you buy (just to make sure again that he likes suiting and is comfortable wearing a fursuit), you can always ask someone at a furry meet up if your son could try on their suit, and I’m sure there would be a few people willing to let your son try on their fursuit head.

Hopefully this helped! If not feel free to reply on here or contact me with any questions if you’re confused by anything I said or any terminology I used 🙂

#59197 Quote
    Every Fandom has it yes, but there is a bigger and bigger divide on furries wanting to be family friendly, and the other kind that just want to do NSFW things but still expect to be okay bringing their fursuit, even if its the one used for X rated things. I know most have SFW versions but concern is somewhat of a blessing when it comes to dealing with suiters. Most romps my be safe for kids but in this age, best to expect not all of them are nice nor talkative if its a single person.
    #59198 Quote
    I will definitely attempt to go to this. It’s been ages since I last attended such a gathering in person (especially with the pandemic that has occurred). It’ll be wonderful to see all of your faces (human and furry) again. 🙂
    #59199 Quote

Every Fandom has it yes, but there is a bigger and bigger divide on furries wanting to be family friendly, and the other kind that just want to do NSFW things but still expect to be okay bringing their fursuit, even if its the one used for X rated things. I know most have SFW versions but concern is somewhat of a blessing when it comes to dealing with suiters. Most romps my be safe for kids but in this age, best to expect not all of them are nice nor talkative if its a single person.

Our events are different for everyone, and different people enjoy them in different ways. So I would please appreciate if we let the events be up for interpretation for someone going for the first time.

#59200 Quote

I don’t have much advice other than if you feel uncertain, just don’t go.

I myself do not feel uncertain, and if it isn’t raining or burning hot, health also permitting, I’ll be there. I’ve painted a dino mask, so look for an orange and green, very glittery reptile.

Equality, not superiority

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.