Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Just joined!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    I’ve been lurking in the fandom for about 10 years now (I’m 24), but only recently decided to get involved in the real world. I’ve been generally aware of MNFurs via fellow fur’s recommendations for a few years now, but it never seemed like a good time before now. You can usually find me West of the cities, from Crystal to Eden Prairie. I’m pretty gosh darn gay (although you wouldn’t know at first from meeting me… I think), and while I’m generally not a social butterfly, I do have a very large and supportive family here in in Minnesota. I’m currently living alone on the Northwest edge of Minneapolis, although my favorite hangouts are the many, many Caribou Coffees around Minnetonka/Hopkins/Eden Prairie. Some days you can find me just hopping from one to another getting hopped up on caffeine, drinking every low-cal latte they know how to make!

Apart from coffee and the fandom, I enjoy casual gaming, technology, media editing, long distance running, sweet alcohol (no beer!), and occasionally dabbling in app development and drawing. Going to try finding the courage to go to an event and actually meet some new like-minded people soon, at the risk of being outed as a painfully shy furry.

I’m on Telegram @Lixyco if you want to chat!

#44936 Quote
    Welcome welcome!

Im a total trash mammal.

#44937 Quote
    welcome
    #44938 Quote
    Sounds like you already frequent the general area where most of our meets take place.

I’m Aerak, one of the directors of this organization. All of our upcoming events are located along the bottom of the page – though if you’ve been lurking awhile I’m sure you know that already. Hope to see you around sometime. I think you’d meet a lot of people who you click with. =)

#44939 Quote
    Hey @Lixy, welcome to MNFurs!

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#44940 Quote
    Thanks! It’s nice to see we have an active community so close to where I live!
    #44941 Quote
    Welcome, Lixy! Hope you enjoy it here. What kind of games do enjoy playing?

Yo! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

#44942 Quote

Welcome to the community Lixy! As Otto asked what kind of games do you play and what do you play them on (specific consoles, PCs, mobiles….)?

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#44943 Quote
    Hello Lixy!

You’ve been a lurker for longer than I was. I recently learned about the communities and just last month started jumping in and just going to events! If you like the coffee, you want to look up the Perkins meets – but go to the Caribou across the street, where the meet has split off, sound like you’d love it (even if you choose to sit and be shy).

So far I’ve had good luck with going up to others at these events, just saying I’m new, and trying to meet folks and get into the community. Nobody has bitten (without permission) yet! (Okay, nobody has bitten at all. 🙂 )

#44944 Quote
    Hi there, I’m LGslam. Welcome to MNFurs, it’s nice to meet you. *Extends paw out*

Also, I live near crystal and Brooklyn Center. So if you want, we can see of hanging out sometime.

#44945 Quote

Welcome, Lixy! Hope you enjoy it here. What kind of games do enjoy playing?

Not doing a lot of gaming these days, would probably consider myself a very casual PC/3DS (Pokemon <3) gamer. No consoles or anything else really, unless Pokemon GO counts.  I used to be really big into Guild Wars 2 (charr are awesome), but I’ve been taking a break from that too over the past few months. Right now I’m focusing on things like learning to code (mostly Swift) and draw anthro characters, which I still kind of struggle with. I’m sure I’ll be picking up my old gaming habits someday, so if you want to connect on Steam, I’m Lixyco there.

#44946 Quote
    Hello Lixy and welcome to MNFurs!  *Paw shake*

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.