Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Label for Allergies?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    I am planning on bringing some pots of chili to the spring picnic. The recipies call for onions and peppers amongst other ingredients. Would it be a good idea to label the pots with warnings for anyone who has an allergy to such ingredients? If so, what are some common allergies to be aware of and label? So far I can think of onions and green peppers.

Furry Migration Volunteers Department Co-Head

#47940 Quote
    That’s a good idea! While you are labeling it would be a good idea to mention if there is pork in the chili as well. Most people use beef, but pork is a dietary/religious issue for some. I can’t think of any other potentially allergy causing ingredients.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Tyrell.

Engineer by day, artist by night.

#47943 Quote
    Some chili powders aren’t gluten free as sometimes it it cut with wheat as a thicken agent.  And that is also a very important allergy/health issue related to food that isn’t always clear from the outside.
    #47955 Quote
    The most common food allergies are wheat, soy, milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts and tree nuts.
    (Not necessarily in that order, that’s just the order I remembered them in)

The biggest thing to look out for in chili is what Tyrell and Mouring said: pork (if you use it, for diet/religious reasons), and wheat (especially if you’re using a premade spice mix). But it wouldn’t hurt to label all ingredients.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.