Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

LGBTQA+ Identifying and Acceptance

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions LGBTQA+ Identifying and Acceptance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can meet other furry’s who identify in the LGBTQA+ spectrum. As someone who identifies in that spectrum, I’d like to be part of the furry community there. I have heard that the LGBTQA+ community is a huge part of the furry community. I think it’s not safe to assume that everyone is part of this so I want to figure out how to find people like myself for social interaction, and support in Minnesota. Thanks. s

Music makes the world go around!

#46917 Quote
    My personal method for finding out is to just ask. Most of the time it’s just fine.
    #46926 Quote
    I would suggest getting a small little memento showing your exact identity then talk to some people at the meet, someone is bound to ask eventually…….

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#46937 Quote
    I’m a gay male. I came out about two years ago (I’m 33 BTW) and came from a very conservative Christian background, so if you are struggling with acceptance I totally get where you’re coming from. Not only do I love wolves, but another big part of the reason why I joined here was because the furry community is so accepting. I was very active in a Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers forum until I butted heads with the administrators when I came out and they wouldn’t lift their ban on homosexuality on the forum. I was “welcome” as long as I stayed in the closet. Not going to play that game, so I left. Rest assured that you are safe with us, and you can relax and be yourself. Wolf, tiger, fox, raccoon, gay, bi, queer- it’s all good! 🙂

You are also fortunate that Minnesota, especially the Twin Cities, is very LGBTQ friendly- one of the better states in the nation in that respect. You have protection at your job and from discrimination by landlords and business owners which unfortunately the majority of states do not have.

Feel free to send me a PM. I live in Apple Valley (20 miles south of the Twin Cities) and would love to get together if that’s something you’re interested in. I know what it’s like to feel isolated and alone for who you are, and I want to help you in whatever way works best for you.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tyrell.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tyrell.

Engineer by day, artist by night.

#46938 Quote

I would suggest getting a small little memento showing your exact identity then talk to some people at the meet, someone is bound to ask eventually…….

That would work too. I see someone wearing a rainbow and I’m their new friend!

Engineer by day, artist by night.

#46946 Quote

I’m a gay male. I came out about two years ago (I’m 33 BTW) and came from a very conservative Christian background, so if you are struggling with acceptance I totally get where you’re coming from. Not only do I love wolves, but another big part of the reason why I joined here was because the furry community is so accepting. I was very active in a Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers forum until I butted heads with the administrators when I came out and they wouldn’t lift their ban on homosexuality on the forum. I was “welcome” as long as I stayed in the closet. Not going to play that game, so I left. Rest assured that you are safe with us, and you can relax and be yourself. Wolf, tiger, fox, raccoon, gay, bi, queer- it’s all good! 🙂 You are also fortunate that Minnesota, especially the Twin Cities, is very LGBTQ friendly- one of the better states in the nation in that respect. You have protection at your job and from discrimination by landlords and business owners which unfortunately the majority of states do not have. Feel free to send me a PM. I live in Apple Valley (20 miles south of the Twin Cities) and would love to get together if that’s something you’re interested in. I know what it’s like to feel isolated and alone for who you are, and I want to help you in whatever way works best for you.

Well if you want I should be going to the dance at the Eagle on the 18th, I hope. I’m 85% sure I got the 25th off for the furry meetup at Perkins/caribou, so we could meet up there as well.

Music makes the world go around!

#46963 Quote
    I wouldn’t say it’s a huge part of the fandom so much as a lot of the fandom identifies as such.  A small but important distinction.  In my case I personally know two furries who don’t fit that description.  It’s prevalent enough that it’s not a shocking question to ask usually.
    As far as an actual community of LGBTQAetc furs, I don’t know of one but then I’m not really plugged into the social scene around h…. anywhere really.

Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can meet other furry’s who identify in the LGBTQA+ spectrum. As someone who identifies in that spectrum, I’d like to be part of the furry community there. I have heard that the LGBTQA+ community is a huge part of the furry community. I think it’s not safe to assume that everyone is part of this so I want to figure out how to find people like myself for social interaction, and support in Minnesota. Thanks. s

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#46967 Quote
    Putting in my two cents here – The MNFurs community does have many members that identify themselves either as gay, bi, etc.  We do not have a set “group” per-say that has their own meetups, but is accepted and is part of the people who identify themselves that way.  It’s not that LGBTQ is part of the furry fandom specifically, but I tend to see more of it in the fandom if that makes sense.

As Singhcr shared, I am also gay and have been since as long as I can remember and I am also engaged.  Before I moved to the cities in 2012 I was mainly in the closet with it as well as a closet fur, but that all changed after moving here and getting involved with MNFurs.

Going back on topic with Kenzo, find what is comfortable for you when around others here on the subject of identifying and accepting.  Others have made suggestions above which will work, but do what is comfortable for you.

Our community is widely open and accepting and of course, you have my support!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.