Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Looking for Riichi Mahjong players or folks who want to learn (MSP area)

Home Forums General Discussions Card, Board, and Role Playing Gaming Looking for Riichi Mahjong players or folks who want to learn (MSP area)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Just thought I’d see if any furs local to MSP area play Riichi Mahjong or were interested in learning?

If you’re not familiar, it’s a 4 player game similar to rummy where players take turns drawing and discarding tiles, trying to make a valid hand before everyone else.  Unlike rummy, it has some very cool defense mechanics, and a zero sum point system where winners receive points from other player’s point bank.

Mahjong has existed in some form or another for thousands of years.  Riichi is the Japanese version of Mahjong, which uses older rules that aren’t used anymore in Chinese versions of the game.  I would describe it as moderately difficult and good for players who like brain burners.  The learning curve is a bit steep, it is good for people who like a challenge, and it is extremely addicting!

If anyone’s interested we could meet up at FFGC sometime and play there.  I’m happy to teach anyone interested.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.