Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Looking for someone to keep my cats for a bit

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance For Free/For Barter/For Sale/Lost And Found Looking for someone to keep my cats for a bit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TL;DR: My living situation is currently floating past an iceberg of bad timing. My lease comes up at the end of the month and I’m also obligated to go to Anthrocon (hotel is in my name and other people are counting on my room). Because of other complications, I’ll have to be moving in with a friend for a short period until I get my own place, and said friend is allergic to cats.
    I have two cats, Tywin and Anubis. Tywin is an affectionate furball who loves everyone and tries to steal food. It’s adorable. I think he’s part dog. He even sleeps at the foot of your bed. Anubis is a fluffy idiot. One time he got stuck in a litterbox because we took the door off. Yes, you read that correctly. Roll him onto his back and he forgets how to cat and just flops.

So, I would greatly appreciate if there is anyone in the area who would be willing to board my cats for an extended period. I would need to drop them off with you no later than Tuesday the 27th. Absolute worst-case foreseeable scenario, it would take me a month before I could pick them back up.

I would provide food and litter for them and be willing to reimburse you, but I’m hoping that it would be cheaper than professional boarding as that is almost as expensive as staying at the Extended Stay (which I’d probably wind up doing if I hadn’t found anywhere permanent at the end of the month).

The only special care they require is that weekends are canned kitty food day, and they split a can of wet food between the two of them (I would provide that too) on Saturday and another on Sunday.

Thank you for your consideration, and if nothing else, thank you for reading this. Message me if you would like to offer to house the cats temporarily.

Pics attached:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="800"]Nubi Anubis in one of his hiding spots.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600"]Tywin Tywin[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600"]Anubis Nubi taking a nap on my fresh laundry.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600"]Tywin being adorably annoying Tywin doing one of his more annoying adorable things where he climbs up on my chest while I’m at my computer and insists on headrubbing my face. He doesn’t care that you’re on voice chat, he’s going to be adorable, dangit.[/caption]

#48471 Quote
    Where are you from?

Rawr!

#48472 Quote
    I’m currently in Bloomington. The friend I will be staying with is in St. Paul, near Uni campus.
    #48473 Quote
    are they good with other dogs or cats?

I have two dogs (adult, and puppy) aswell as two cats.

I will have to check if i can help you out but the chances may be a bit slim.

"The greatest value comes from loving yourself for who you are" ~Lindsey Stirling

#48478 Quote
    I don’t know how well they get along with other animals. I believe they get along with other cats – there was a third that they lived with for a while and I don’t think they had much of a problem when that one was being introduced. I don’t know if they’ve ever been exposed to dogs besides at vet lobbies.

If I don’t get a response in time, I’ll have to move into an extended stay – from checking online, it appears that it costs about as much to board an animal professionally as it does for one of the rooms. O.o

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Lunos.
    #48482 Quote
    Anyone? Please?

I know it’s a lot to ask, but I remain hopeful.

#48496 Quote
    I sent you a PM last night.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.