Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Community Forum Meeting 1-7-13

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times MNFurs Community Forum Meeting 1-7-13

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEARS!  (or post new years if you are reading this from the future!)

What the heck is the MNFurs Community Forum Meeting?  I'm glad you asked!

The MNFurs Community Forum (formally known as “The Community Group”), is a recurring monthly event where people from the broader MNFurs community can:

-step up and help out the organization in a greater capacity

-learn more about what is going on

-offer ideas, concerns, and questions to further our dialogue with our community

Our next meeting is happening at 7:00pm, January 7th at:

Denny's
    2700 East Lake Street

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Hope to see everyone there.  And if you can't make this one but still have something you would like brought up or discussed, PM me!
    #9258 Quote
    This Denny’s location is also by the light rail system and many bus routes from Metro Transit.  For those in the uptown area can follow 21, 27, 53, & 55 and others accordingly (http://metrotransit.org/maps-schedules.aspx).

http://www.metrotransit.org/schedules/webschedules.aspx?route=55 – This is the web address to the Hiawatha Light Rail.  Use this to help plan accordingly for those that want to go this route verses driving.

For those driving, when you are coming from East Lake Street, you can take a left on 27th Ave South.  Behind Denny’s there is a universally owned parking lot shared with other small offices (Rainbow Foods is behind Denny’s as well)…Unfortunately, Denny's does NOT have their own parking lot.  You will see red signs marked 3-HOUR RESERVED and you can park in those, but keep track of time…Can’t guarantee that they will all be open, so here is hoping. You can pay to park in front and if parking is limited you can always park in the Rainbow Foods parking lot…

Below is a link to a map screenshot.  The red check marks is where parking places are and the blue check mark is Denny’s.

If questions arise on any of this, please let me know!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#9313 Quote
    Unfortunately due to the time of day and the day of the week I will be unable to attend the community meeting, but for the Recording Volunteer hours for events like the Petco event we did recently is to use Sign in Sheets, so for those of us that were suiting I would say would get credited for full hours of the event and even the handlers that were involved, in my case for when we did Cat Days I would treat the sign in sheets like a work time card that you only get credited for the time you are actually doing things.  So Shadow spent most of the time in the headless lounge so she should get credited for the whole time, but for me I wouldn't take full credit for the time for the headless lounge as I was out suiting for a fair amount of the time.  Just my thoughts on my end for recording volunteer hours, I think it would work best that way, but for the artists and recording time, I have no suggestions there.
    #9318 Quote
    Noted…I'’ll be sure to mention this to the Volunteers lead as that person is keeping track of all the hours. 

I have all the sign-in sheets still for the times I was there helping.  Yarrick has the sheet for the day he covered and I was out of town. 

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#9319 Quote
    For those that cant make it, Kelsier and I are setting up a Tiny Chat so that anyone that cant make it due to distance/cars can at least sign in at some time online. The link that we will be using for the meeting is http://tinychat.com/mnfursadmin

It is the MNfurs tinychat =3 Hopefully well be able to use this. Please keep in mind, that tomorrow is its first run and also its test run. Claws crossed this works guys! =D

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#9330 Quote
    I will be speaking with the manager at Denny's later to let them know of our meeting tonight.  I will specify that some of us may show up early (between 6:00-6:15).  This way if members want to come early and eat before the meeting, they can.

For those that show up early and a front desk employee talks to you, just specify that you are with a bigger party and are meeting in the back area and they should direct you to the back area reserved for us.

– UPDATE –

Everything is set and we have the back area reserved from 6:00-9:00-ish and are flexible.  See everyone there!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#9335 Quote
    Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting!  This includes our technologically inclined furs who joined us through the magic and wonder of the interwebs!  And a special thank you to Sike and Kelsier for setting up Tiny Chat!
    #9336 Quote
    My pleasure!  Happy to get 14-16 other people to the meeting that couldn't otherwise go 😛
    #9340 Quote
    was fun =D And informative. I think we all need to work on being a tad bit more….srsfaic but it did go better than I thought it would.

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.