Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Fur Meet Announcement!

Home Forums MNFurs Announcements MNFurs Fur Meet Announcement!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

For over a decade we have been running bi-weekly furmeets, and for a majority of that time, our meets have been held at the Perkins Family Restaurant in Hopkins. Unfortunately, there have been several limitations to the space that we’ve had to adapt to; the biggest one being that we have long outgrown that space. Our community has spilled over to the Caribou Coffee across the street, to an Applebee’s down the road, and to a few other places as well.

For many of us in the community, it has always been our dream to find a facility that would function two-fold. A place that allows us to house the community under one roof, and to be able to enjoy the various aspects of furry, such as art and costuming, without the limitations of the businesses we have so far frequented. We’re writing to you now to inform you, that after an exhaustive search over the years, we have finally done it.

We have found a new home!

If you have been to our recent Holiday Parties, then you already know the place! The Guidant John Rose Minnesota Oval in Roseville will be the new site of the MNFurs Primary Furmeets! These meetings will be the main events for our local furry fandom and will take place once a month, with smaller regional meets, such as the Hopkins Perkins, taking place in between. The Oval is fursuit and artist friendly! It has plenty of room for professional photography setups with backdrops and lighting, and it is also located in the core of the Twin Cities!

Sustaining this new venue depends on you! The space is not free. Our convention, Furry Migration, has generously covered the cost of the first furmeet, but staying there will require your support. There will be a donation jar with a suggested minimum donation of $5. We will also have t-shirts and other MNFurs merchandise available for sale.

Please talk to your friends and help us get the word out! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

Also, look for another announcement soon and the calendar about the new and up and coming regional furmeets.

For any questions or concerns, please email [email protected] or comment below.

The first Oval Meet information is below:
    Guidant John Rose Minnesota Oval – Skating Center Entrance
    January 22nd 2017, 3pm – 8pm.

#46056 Quote
    The event calendar was been updated to reflect the changes that have been made to the fur meets.

http://www.mnfurs.org/event-calendar

Cheers!

~Jac

#46088 Quote
    Are we allowed to bring food there on the meet nights then? Like maybe have a bunch of people pitch in and do pizza parties or little potlucks and stuff?
    #46091 Quote

Are we allowed to bring food there on the meet nights then? Like maybe have a bunch of people pitch in and do pizza parties or little potlucks and stuff?

Yes we can so feel free to bring in your own food items.  This includes potluck-style items to share and we can even do pizzas…That sounds fun actually.  😀

Thanks Jacek!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#46122 Quote
    Wait is this right?  It shows the meets in February and the 1st in March are at Perkins again?
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Shoku.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#46125 Quote

Wait is this right? It shows the meets in February and the 1st in March are at Perkins again?

EDIT:  Yes this is correct.  One of the reasons for this is because February is completely booked so a big fur meet at the Oval will not happen that month.  March we will still keep the one Saturday for Perkins and will still use this venue when the smaller dinner meets happen.  However we will be looking at new venues too and try to rotate between the north, south, east, & west metro.

Let us know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks Snow!

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#46134 Quote
    I logged in to check on the bi-weekly meets and saw them missing – now I know why! This sounds great that meets are moving to a larger space and accomidate more people. From my first experiences I learned there were a lot of break-off groups and not a lot of information where they all were except by word of mouth. I hope this works to bring people back together so newcomers (like me!) can have an easier time becoming part of the community.
    #46135 Quote
    Yes and this is very exciting that we can move our community to a much larger venue.  With our reserved room we have the freedom to fursuit, bring in our own food, do photography and so on…Something we cannot due at Perkins and other private business with its own set of rules.

To add on to the middle portion of your response, we became too big that we spilled over to the Caribou across the street.  This created confusion for some as some thought it was a separate thing from Perkins and so on.  To keep a long story short, we want to bring everyone back together at our new home at the Oval.  🙂

I hope that you are able to make it out to the first on January 22.  I will be there if you have any questions as well as other MNFurs staff!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#46173 Quote
    – HEY THERE! –

Hey there!  As a reminder, the first big fur meet at the Oval is this upcoming Sunday.  Please remember to read the details in the initial post.  For more reminders, the Oval is fursuit-friendly and we can do other activities here such as card/tabletop gaming, photography, & bring in our own food for snacks and/or dinner.

If you have any further questions you can post here or e-mail [email protected].  For any questions on site I will be there as well as other MNFurs staff !

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.