Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Furry Resources Leadership & Staff Openings

Home Forums MNFurs Announcements MNFurs Furry Resources Leadership & Staff Openings

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MNFurs Furry Resources is seeking Leadership and Staff Volunteers

MNFurs Furry Resources is seeking any interested community members that would like to get involved with the community from a human resource perspective. In the coming weeks we will be seeking leadership candidates to be considered for Department Co-Head positions and other staff level positions.

Human Resources Field

Human resources (HR) is the set of people who make up the workforce of an organization, business sector, industry, or economy. A narrower concept is human capital, the knowledge and skills which the individuals command. Similar terms include manpower, labor, personnel, associates or simply: people (Google).

Furry Resources

As the furry version of HR, Furry Resources is involved in advising and managing the efficiency and effectiveness of interpersonal, interdepartmental, and interorganizational operations. This stretches from relationships with the Board of Directors and Departments within the organization. Volunteers are vital to the success of MNFurs and must be respected and treated accordingly to fulfill the 501(c)(3) obligations of an Educational Non-Profit organization.

Myths & Truths

Myth: To volunteer as Leadership, Staff, or as a Volunteer I need to dedicate a lot of time to the position.

Truth: There are no hour requirements. As volunteers we dedicate our time and energy to a cause gratuitously for the benefit of our non-profit organization. This means that you do not need to commit to any minimum hours, this is purely what you would like to put into it.

Myth: I need experience in Human Resources to apply or be considered for the opportunity.

Truth: You do not need experience to join this department. Rather, joining this department could be a learning opportunity for you to learn HR skills and gain experience in the non-profit working world.

Current & Future State

While the department is still under construction, we are planning on full operation in November after the board meeting. We are performing this outreach so that However we want to make sure everyone has a chance to be considered that has an interest in 1) learning about furry resources; 2) want to volunteer for the MNFurs Community; and/or 3) want to help evolve the organization through meaningful change.

Interested?

To be considered, please reach out via DM, submit a request through the website or email me at [email protected]!

Have I mentioned I like purple yet?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.