Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– MNFurs Holiday Party 2017 ~ Activities, Space, & Details –

Home Forums Events – MNFurs Holiday Party 2017 ~ Activities, Space, & Details –

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    – HELLO EVERYONE! –

Hello MNFurs community, your Events fox here!  Several people have been wondering what is going on with the Holiday Party.  Below I will be outlining information about the party and what is to be expected…I ask that everybody please read this carefully.  This will bring everyone up to speed and if any questions/concerns arise, they can be asked here.  🙂

The Holiday Party will be held at the Guidant John Rose Minnesota Oval (Same venue as last year’s Post-Winter Party).  We have the Rose Room reserved which can house 240 in attendance.  We have access to many tables and chairs as well as many power outlets spread throughout the room.  For those needing power for anything, I strongly suggest bringing in your own power strips.  We also have access to a kitchen, but this is for storing food items only…We cannot use any of the equipment as this was an extra charge I declined.

For parking, please be sure you park in the back parking lot.  The back lot will have the entrance named Skating Center and that is right by our room.  The front parking lot is to the main entrance and that is far away from our room.  Below is a link visualizing where to park.

PARKING LINK:  RIGHT HERE

This is a potluck-style event so we ask that community members bring in food items from main entree items, fruit/veggie items, beverages (soda, water, etc), & dessert items.  As a side note, alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed!

For fursuit changing and tote storage, you are welcome to utilize the room itself or the public restrooms which are right by our room.

We will have access to public wifi which is available throughout the facility.

For those curious about skating, the indoor and outdoor rinks are unavailable that day according to management.

There is a possibility of MNFurs merchandise being available for sale, but I need to confirm that first…This also goes for FM 2017 registrations.  I will update this once I have more information.  EDIT:  MNFurs merchandise will be sold at the party.

As a reminder, the party is on Sunday, January 8, 2016 from 1:00p – 6:00

Lastly, below is a list of activities that will be taking place at the Holiday Party!

– Holiday photo shoot w/ props – Setup & ran by the MNFurs photography team

– Group photo – Time frame for this will be in the schedule and announced during the party

– Gift Exchange – I will be bringing a Christmas tree to put all the gifts under

– Fursuiting fun

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:  Event pre-setup, trash pickup during, event post tear-down (interested?  Please e-mail [email protected])

Again, further questions/concerns, please post here or you can e-mail to the address listed above.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#45678 Quote
    Running the gift exchange sounds like something I can handle.  I volunteer.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#45681 Quote

Running the gift exchange sounds like something I can handle. I volunteer.

Perfect, we will be in touch!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#45705 Quote
    – UPDATE –

As a quick update, I made a change to my main post…MNFurs merchandise will be for sale at the party.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45762 Quote
    – VOLUNTEER UPDATE –

Added a small section towards the bottom of my initial post with volunteer opportunities.  All time spent at the Holiday Party as a volunteer will go towards your 20 hours for the MNFurs elections.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45763 Quote
    I volunteer to help with pre-event setup and trash pickup
    #45764 Quote

I volunteer to help with pre-event setup and trash pickup

Thanks Andrew.  Will be sending you a PM soon with more details.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45777 Quote
    If you possibly need any more volunteers to help set up beforehand, I could come earlier and help? It’d be more convinient for me anyway, since its a long drive, might aswell spend as much time as I can there.
    #45779 Quote
    Yes, volunteers are still needed Blasco.  I got your e-mail and will be responding to it soon.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45780 Quote
    Drake, I did not recieve a PM from you yet
    #45782 Quote

Drake, I did not recieve a PM from you yet

Don’t worry, I have not forgotten about you.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#46020 Quote
    any transportation/ ride share links for this?

#46021 Quote

any transportation/ ride share links for this?

No there is not sorry.  I would just post here and hopefully someone can give you a ride.

Thanks!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.