Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Photography Club – July 31st – Minnesota Zoo

Home Forums Events MNFurs Photography Club – July 31st – Minnesota Zoo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sorry for not getting this up earlier, life has had a lot of ups and downs for me the last few weeks. After our last Photo Shoot of Nightscape in Saint Paul, it was discussed that people would like to do a Photography outing at the Minnesota Zoo.

We will gather on Sunday July 31st (The last day of the month) for a Morning photography run through the Minnesota Zoo. The animals are more active either early morning or late afternoon close to close. The vote I got was that AM was preferable. Since I know some people aren’t morning people, if you don’t get there right as the Zoo opens at 9am with the rest of the group you are more then welcome to come a little later and meet up with us on the trail.

So here are the details:

When: Sunday July 31st 9am-12pm(ish)
    Where: Minnesota Zoo: 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124 (off of CR 38 if Zoo Boulevard doesn’t register on your GPS) Meet inside the main building near the Penguins. We will leave for the rest of the Zoo around 9:20.
    Cost: $18.00, $7 per vehicle. I advise carpooling to cut the parking costs or riding with a member who gets the parking cost waived.

Unlike a lot of our club meet ups this one is going to be pretty light on the Photography. Less technical and just a photo op if people choose to. If you are not a photographer and just want to get out and see the Zoo by all means please come!

This event is NOT Fursuit Friendly please leave full and partial suits at home. Ears and tails, facepaint etc is fine but nothing that covers your head/face.

RSVP is not required, but I include it as it gives me a better idea of who to look for as part of the group. For those interested, we may do Lunch somewhere nearby after.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Yarrick.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#43119 Quote
    Sounds like fun, I’ll be there.
    #43136 Quote
    I might come along for fun 🙂

#43149 Quote
    Is this a fursuit friendly event?
    #43151 Quote
    I’m sooooo jealous!!!!!

i am a member and everythiiing

ive been wanting to suit at the zoo!

& Yarrick you take amazing photos and are pawesome

& but I’m super happy y’all get to have this fun outing :3 wave to teh penguins fur me!

sincerly,

Sisu located a good 6 to 7 hours away!

#43157 Quote
    This is NOT FURSUIT FRIENDLY. Sorry I should have mentioned that in the inital post. Generally speaking Zoos are not hospitable to Fursuiting unless you have special and Prior arrangements like Como’s Zoo Boo which is a controlled event. People have been asked to leave Como when suiting without advance permission before.

Bring your cameras and sketchbooks.

Leave Fursuits AT HOME. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Yarrick.

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#43393 Quote
    Just a reminder: The Zoo Meetup is tomorrow. Again this wasn’t advertised on the front page as I was fine as keeping it a smaller thing. All are still welcome to come and RSVP is not a mandatory thing. Looks like the weather is going to be nice and not nearly as Humid for a change.

Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.