Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Photography Club: Lightroom night! Sunday Nov 13th

Home Forums Events MNFurs Photography Club: Lightroom night! Sunday Nov 13th

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    It’s been awhile since the MNFurs Photography group did a large gathering, and we haven’t done anything Educational for awhile.

So it’s time we did something about that. I’ve had requests from both expereinced users to beginners who have never used Lightroom to have an Educational night; both to cover the Basics of what Lightroom is but also to share some techniques and workflows that Photographers who use the software have learned and why they like it so much.

When: Sunday November 13th 3pm-6pm
    Where: Saint Louis Park Bylerys (3777 Park Center Boulevard
    St. Louis Park, MN 55416) Map Here
    Notes: Please no outside food or Drink. Any food or drink bought inside Bylery’s can be brought into the Community Room. The Community room is at the very front of the Store in front of the checkout registers

For those who don’t know; Lightroom is a very powerful editing and gallery management software for Digital Photography. Its a lot easier to use and a bit more refined with focused tools geared towards Sharpening, cleaning up, and even recovering what otherwise might be an unuseable shot.

I am looking into options for getting some sort of projector. We will start at 3pm and the first 30-60 mins will be covering the basics of what Lightroom is and how it can be a powerful tool not only for editing but keeping track of your photos as well. After that we will go around and share expereinces with what people who have used Lightroom found useful and share any techniques or tips we found useful.

RSVP is helpful but not required. Also, this is going to be a fairly tailored session this time- we will be focusing on learning about or sharing your expereinces with Photo Editing using Adobe Lightroom.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Yarrick.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Yarrick.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#45127 Quote
    I have always wanted to take a crack at editing software, this sounds very interesting. I will  check my scheduled for sure.

-The Void Walker

#45395 Quote
    Do you still need a projector?
    #45406 Quote

Do you still need a projector?

We got a projector, thanks for offering Juniper 🙂

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#45407 Quote
    Just a reminder, this is going on later today (Sunday Afternoon) at 3pm. I know this is a little bit more Niche but if anyone wants to learn more about this powerful photo editing tool or has something to share, please feel free to show up!

See you there!

#45409 Quote
    Hopefully you guys get a nice group later today. I can’t join since I’m helping my roommate move out at 5pm here in Monticello. I consider myself quite proficient in Lightroom, but I always like to see other peoples workflows to give me new ideas
    #45415 Quote
    If anyone is looking for us right now, we’re sitting at a round table near the caribou. we’ll be heading into our room around 3:30.

Edit: were heading to the community room now

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Kehmet.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.