Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Photography Group Meetup Sunday Jan 10th 2pm

Home Forums Events MNFurs Photography Group Meetup Sunday Jan 10th 2pm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Howdy guys!

I have something exciting to announce which has moved past it’s pilot phase and proven to be successful with a pre-planning meeting and a first photo shoot; and that is the MNFurs Photography group. The first open meeting will be held at:

When: Sunday Janurary 10th 2pm-5pm (dinner following)

Where: Community meeting room at Lunds & Bylery’s in NE Minneapolis (25 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414)

Who: All are welcome regardless of Photography experience or gear

Cost: FREE – But please NO Outside food or Drink into the community room! Food and beverages purchased in the store can be brought in

RSVP Required! (There is a 12 person maximum capacity of the room we will be meeting at. Any more then that and I will have to turn people away. There will only be an RSVP/Attendance cap for business meetings. Most shoots will not have this restriction)

I’m sure you guys have noticed some of our regular photographers at a lot of our events starting with Furry Migration last year. This idea actually really started back then; when I found a core group of Photographers from within the MNFurs community willing to travel, try something new, and volunteer their time to help us get better photos at our events. I’m sure you guys have noticed the improvements in the amount of Photography we’ve posted up both in the official galleries and linked to Forum posts in 2015, yes?

Starting in 2016 I want to keep this ball rolling, and the momentum going. The Minnesota Furs Photography group is twofold: One to offer opportunities to our local photographers for helping out with Event Photography within MNFurs and eventually with other partner non-profit conventions and events who are in need of help with getting good photos of their event. While its easy to find Professional Photographers to Pay for their work getting Volunteer photographers offering their services for free is a challenge, but its also quite rewarding for the Photographer.

The other is to provide a laid back atmosphere to chat about a shared interest in Photography. It doesn’t matter what gear you shoot with- everyone is welcome to come hang out, share their experiences and most importantly to have fun.

These meetings will be held once a month and we will be alternating between a business/planning meeting and a get out and shoot photos outing. Jan will be the first official business meeting which makes Feb our first outing. At the business meeting we will go over what opportunities we have for Volunteering for Photography coming up, and we will plan on what we want to do for the next Outing.

Everyone is welcome to attend the Business meetings as well as the outings even if you do not wish to work as a Volunteer photographer for an event. Chit chat about photography and ideas for the outings are just as valuable – I want to make sure all our members have fun whether they are a MNFurs Staff Photographer/Volunteer or not.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#36895 Quote
    Dangit, I work that day :/ But I’d love to be filled in on what happens at this meeting and what any future plans are. I’ve been kinda chilling in the background of MN Furs, but I’ve made it to a few events and I love photographing/suiting with you guys!

Plus before my vacation to Texas at the beginning of March, I’ll be finally picking up a Canon 6D with 50mm f/1.8 (nifty fifty, the best!) and possibly a 70-300 f/4 since I’ve never toyed much with lenses over 100mm since my film SLR 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by AtomiK.
    #36899 Quote
    Will do. This will be an open on-going thing and I’ll announce the next one on the Forums. I’m not expecting everyone to make every club meeting or outing because that would be insane. Come once a year or come almost every time; welcome either way.

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#36909 Quote
    sounds fun 🙂 I work every other weekend, so sometimes meets fall exactly where I can’t make it lol
    #37051 Quote
    Just as a FYI: The community room is a little hard to find. If you park on the top level you can come in the doors on the lefthand side. Otherwise coming in from the lower level take the Stairs NOT the Escalators up. The community room is right there. Euro and I are already here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.