Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Presents: Take Me out to the Ball Game!

Home Forums Events MNFurs Presents: Take Me out to the Ball Game!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hi Everyone!
    Here’s a reminder that tickets for the baseball game have to be purchased by Monday, May 9th, at 9 AM if you want to be included in the group pricing for the event. I hope to see as many folks out at the event as possible and having a great time!
    #41042 Quote
    This would be my first event after the picnic that I’d be able to wear my suit.. I’m definitely gonna take that chance. Count me in!
    #41076 Quote
    It’s important to get your ticket well now if you want the reduce price and be part of the group block.

As I mentioned I do have tickets so I’ll be going to the ball game!

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#41163 Quote
    Thank you to those who bought tickets to the event. In the end, there were 16 tickets sold for the game. I look forward to the event and an evening of baseball!
    #41397 Quote
    Anyone in mpls or western ‘burbs wanting a ride there? I can drive

Pm me

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Celler.
    #41459 Quote
    I don’t know, it seems really fun.  No suit but might wear a horse head mask. Is it rain or shine? Lastly is it too late to purchase tickets to be in the furry seating?

-FWF

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by FloWolF.
    #41517 Quote
    I would like to go but I’m late on reserving tickets. Hopefully I can snag a seat near the reserved block.
    #41533 Quote
    One question about the event.. Is there a place for us to bring our suit containers? Do we have to dress up before going in?

I hear there’s a chance for rain tomorrow as well. How would that effect the suit situation?

Okay, that’s more than one, but I want to make sure I’m as informed as much as possible before I get there. ^^,

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Redflare.
    #41535 Quote

I would like to go but I’m late on reserving tickets. Hopefully I can snag a seat near the reserved block.

Worse comes to worse if you get too far away you can always borrow Section 104 Row 9 Seat 4. I bought within our block, but since I plan on taking pictures around the event I don’t really plan on using it. Plus IIRC (check with ticketing) they do allow for moving seats after a certain inning as long as they are no occupied.

#41538 Quote

One question about the event.. Is there a place for us to bring our suit containers? Do we have to dress up before going in? I hear there’s a chance for rain tomorrow as well. How would that effect the suit situation? Okay, that’s more than one, but I want to make sure I’m as informed as much as possible before I get there. ^^,

Personally I have no clue to these questions. Unless otherwise said assume there is no storage at the baseball stadium.

If it rains – it rains. You have to know your suit if it will be good in wet weather or not.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#41539 Quote
    – UPDATES! –

Hello, I have updates on this for everyone attending.  After conversing with Yarrick, people who are changing into fursuit need to either change in or right by their vehicle…Unfortunately no room was able to be reserved for private changing and tote storage.  The designated meeting area is going to be where the reserved seating is for attendees.

Jac/Yarrick – Do either of you know the seat #’s ?

Kurst also brought up a good point about the weather…I know tomorrow is not looking the greatest so I do not know if this will effect anything event-wise.  For those in suit though, you know your limits as far as your suit getting wet and anything else that entails.

For everyone attending please travel safely to and from and I hope that it’s a great time.  I am not attending as I have family obligations out of town.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41540 Quote
    I’m not the current event host (that would be Jac) but I did say I would help out. I’m sorry for the very last minute posting of this information – I have had a lot of personal issues come up recently since the Picnic which have impacted my ability to do stuff like this and even work on my photos :/

Here is a basic Q&A which should cover most of the questions I’ve heard floating around. I’ll try to help with others if I can.

Q: Where do we park/ how do I get there???

A: The Saint Paul Saints have made a Parking Map (link) that shows the nearby parking lots and the proximity to the field. This also gives you an idea of how to get to the field as well. Rates vary between $5 and $15 and are subject to change. Carpooling or taking the mass transit (IE light rail) is a good idea

Q: Is there a reserved Private room the group has where I can put on and store my fursuit?

A: NO Sadly, we were NOT able to negotiate the use of a private room where people can suit up. And a large part of that sadly had to do with we did not meet their target number for tickets sold for this event.

Q: (Related to above) But I thought this was a FURSUITING event? Where can I store my tote and change?

A: While the venue is still allowing us to costume there this is NOT a fursuit specific event. A lot of us are going just to enjoy the game outdoors with our friends. If you do plan to suit- finding a location to suit up and store your crate (even if its your car) is 100% your responsibility. You may be asked to temporarily remove the head for ID if you are picking up will call tickets.

There are bathrooms inside the stadium that can be used to suit up, but we do not have a location for storage of empty crates. Having a friend/handler who can hold onto valuables is a good idea.

Q: Where are we meeting????

A: At the Stadium. At your seat. We will all be sitting together and there is no designated meet-up spot outside the stadium. If you wish to meet and carpool together talk to someone else who is going. Otherwise we will see you when you get through ticketing and make it to your seat.

Q: When are we meeting? When can I get inside the Stadium?

A: Gates open at 6:05pm and the game starts at 7:05pm I had to do some deep digging to find out when they open the gates to get in, and apparently its 1 hour prior to the first pitch from what I can find out. So any time after 6:05 you should be able to get inside the Stadium.

Hope this information helps. For those going, I hope to see you at the game tomorrow! It will be a smaller group but will still be a lot of fun!

Yarrick

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#41541 Quote
    Oh one more Q/A I forgot about:

Q: What about the Weather? What if it Rains?

A: Sadly this is something neither us nor the ballpark can control. It is an outdoor event at an outdoor stadium. The weather this week has been very unstable. As of right now there is a 50% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms during the game. If you are planning to fursuit or do photography this may affect your plans (IE bring a weather-sealed camera, waterproof case, etc). I can’t tell what Mother Nature will infact due during the game tommorow but the forecast does say there is a chance of rain. In the event of Heavy rain or severe weather the Stadium may decide to delay or cancel part of the game.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.