Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Spring Picnic- THANK YOU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    I was so crazy busy at the picnic and my attention was split a hundred ways at once that I didn’t have a chance to properly thank each and everyone of you. So I am going to do that now.

I am horrible with remembering names, especially from all the people I worked with yesterday. Because I know some names but have forgotten a lot of others I am going to make this thank you by Department/ what you helped out with rather then by Name. Because I really think that praising one person by name and another by not simply because I didn’t remember the name is not fair.

First and foremost: I would like to thank the three people who stepped forward and offered to be our Grill masters. Things don’t always go as planned, and while a lot of things are planned in advance there are certain positions that really need to be filled. A lot of the other volunteers had some advance notice that they were going to come out and dedicate a good chunk of their day at the picnic helping others out. You guys did not have this luxury and stepped forward at a moment’s notice. So a HUGE thank you to our grillmasters. Without you our Carnivores would not have been able to consume all the tasty meat that was brought to the picnic, which is one of the longest standing traditions of our Spring and Fall picnics: The grillout.

Secondly I want to thank all of those who helped with cleanup. The picnics are a huge event and lets face it 200+ people make a big mess. It takes a good well-run team to keep things cleaned up for the park so we can have a chance of using this venue in the future. We had one of the smoothest and most efficient clean ups I’ve seen this year at a Spring Picnic in spite of it being one of the largest picnics we’ve ever had. So thank you.

Next, Thank you to the Administrative/Logistics staff who helped me keep this picnic running. You guys are the glue that held this whole thing together and ensure that we can have more picnics to come. This includes my co-leads who covered for me when I had to take off, helped track Volunteers and provided another set of eyes since I cannot see everything that is going on around the picnic area all at once. This also includes those running the Badge Printers and selling MNFurs related merchandise. The picnics and a lot of our other events do cost money to rent the space we use. Everything we make off the Picnics goes towards giving you guys bigger and better events throughout the year.

On that note, a Thank You to everyone who donated Money to us and brought food to share with others. The picnics really do run off the generosity of others to make it work for everyone. You guys did an amazing job this year. No one went hungry, and when I had to scramble to give away food at the end of the Picnic this proves it. The rental cost for the picnic shelter was also covered by donations this year so I can answer the question – Will there be another MNFurs Spring Picnic? as a most definite YES right now. 🙂

Thank you to the Photographers who organized the group shot but also took the time to take wandering photos around the picnic grounds of everyone having a blast. As a Photographer myself I truly respect all of you- you give us memories and material you can show to everyone to see in a visual format just how fun the Picnic really was. I am very much looking forward to seeing all the Photos and Video of the Picnic in the weeks to come.

And last but certainly not least Thank You to EVERYONE who showed up whether it was for 30 minutes or for the entire day. You guys are what make the picnics such a great and fun event. There were so many people coming and going that we could not get an accurate head-count but I can easily say that number was over or around 200 people. Which is a LOT of people for a Spring Picnic. When we started doing these picnics we were lucky if we could pull in 50 people. It’s amazing to see how much this has grown and how we need to continue to look for new and larger picnic venues because of how many people come to these major events.

Thank you, to Everyone. You made this year’s Spring Picnic one of the best we’ve ever had in spite of the cold weather.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#41286 Quote
    Everything Yarrick said and I have my own thank you as well to accompany the picnic…

My legs and feet were killing me by the end of the afternoon, but it was all for an awesome cause!  🙂

Throughout the times of high levels of being busy and coordinating, I first want to thank Yarrick for being the point man for the picnic.  Picnics are a huge task and everything held together.

I want to thank Augie Doodle for being my second co-head and consistently being active on tasks throughout the picnic.  There were plenty of times where we had to think on the spot for things needing to be done first and we did it!

Next up, I want to thank those that volunteered from pre-setup to during the picnic, & post-picnic teardown.  This includes Vulan, Rico, Robin, Shadow, Xeres, Fae, Styrax, & Pewin…I am sure there are more and you are in here even if I cannot remember names.  🙂

There was also a time where I was emptying out the big garbage bins and I want to thank those who quickly pitched in to help!

For grilling I first want to thank Aqua for bringing the big grill as always…It’s a life saver for every picnic.  I also want to thank Tracer and everyone else who pithed in to get their paws greasy and cook up the good stuff.

For badge printing, FM Registrations, & merchandise sales, I want to thank Kellic, Aerak, & Jac for pitching in with this and dedicating time to sit in that area.

Thank you to the staff photographers who were at the picnic taking photos throughout the day and for the big group photo shoot.  This includes Yarrick, Euro, Kehmet, Mouring, & anyone else actively taking photos.  🙂

Thank you to everyone who brought in food and beverages to share for the picnic.  Let’s face it, food and beverages are what makes a picnic a picnic.  =p

Hey!  THANK YOU!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41290 Quote
    A lot of what I wanted to say was already mentioned by Yarrick and Drake, but I wanted to extend a thank you to everyone that came to the picnic, and also to those who vollenteered and helped make the picnic great from start to end!

I was very happy to see all the furs having a good time, jumping in and helping when we needed it most, and how everyone came together near the end to clean up the shelter area.

It was fun to be a part of the co head team, and I like to thank Yarrick and Drake for letting me help out on this level.

Augie Doodle

Furry Migration Con Ops Staff (Wandering Host) - Fursuiter - MNFurs Volunteer

#41446 Quote
    Will there be another picnic like this soon? :0 or is it just yearly! sadly i missed it ): super wish i could have made it!
    #41447 Quote

Will there be another picnic like this soon? :0 or is it just yearly! sadly i missed it ): super wish i could have made it!

MNFurs usually put on 1-2 picnics where we rent out a site each year. Majority of the time 2 picnics when we didn’t have a convention. With the convention in play the months around the convention does suck up a lot of resources so it’s unknown if we are doing 2 this year.

Cross fingers we can but no promises.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussions For Spring Picnic’ is closed to new topics and replies.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.