Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Need Help with Moving in and Moving out of Furry Migration.

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Furry Migration 2016 Furry Migration Events And Programming Need Help with Moving in and Moving out of Furry Migration.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    With complications with Cence and crew’s schedule, I’ve discovered I’m short some logistics team members for the convention.

So this is a call for anyone who is able to help with load in and load out of the convention materials.

Plus side it is lots of volunteer hours just prior and after convention, but very few DURING the convention. It leaves you lots of time to play and not interfere with your convention.    If you are able to volunteer for both Wed and Thur in their entirety, that should be enough hours to qualify for staff photo and volunteer consuite prior to Convention.

I will need individuals who can lift 25+ pounds and some familiarity with moving trucks and devices (even if you have only helped others before)

Shifts available are:

Wednesday Sept 7 in the evening (truck work from storage locker to hotel storage)

Thursday Sept 8 during day (moving equipment from onsite storage to specific rooms as we get them from hotel)

Sunday Sept 11 evening, after closing ceremonies.  (Breaking convention down and getting it back into truck)

Monday morning, done by noon (driving truck to 2 storage sites and putting away for season)

You need not perform all shifts, I know people have lives and work.   I will say if you are available for all shifts it will likely be 20 hours of volunteer work for MNfurs voting.

Thanks to whomever can help.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Procyon.
    #43617 Quote
    I should be able to help with all of that.  I don’t know what you mean by equipment but I’ve driven U Haul trucks and Schwan’s Trucks before so the truck should be no problem.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#43618 Quote
    I would need to see how my schedule is during before and after the con. I do have Sept. 8-11 off for the convention and I normally have Mondays and Tuesdays off. So, I wouldn’t mind giving a hand the day before and after the convention.
    #43620 Quote
    I already have Con Ops roaming host on my plate for Fri-Sun, but if you need the extra help, I am avaliable for setup on Wednesday after 4:30PM and Thursday from 8AM up until about 5:15PM. (Friends flight coming in at 6:30 and need to pick them up)  I will not be avaliable for teardown this year.

I do not have truck driving experience and my ability to lift heavy objects is limited due to energy.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Augie Doodle.

Augie Doodle

Furry Migration Con Ops Staff (Wandering Host) - Fursuiter - MNFurs Volunteer

#43625 Quote
    To snow:

The experience you have appears to be more than enough  is my guess.  How to use loading ramps, hand tracks and push carts.

To LGslam: let me know schedule as time develops.

To AugieDoodle: help with Con ops, those guys/gals will kill me if I pooch or over tire any of their staff.   Maybe still help with grid wall assembly for art show in the slower time during Thursday day.

Send me email at [email protected] and I’ll give you more info.  Use subject: logistics help

#43630 Quote
    I’m available for all the shifts, have plenty of moving experience, and no issues with heavy lifting. Let me know what you need 🙂
    #43636 Quote

To snow: The experience you have appears to be more than enough is my guess. How to use loading ramps, hand tracks and push carts. To LGslam: let me know schedule as time develops. To AugieDoodle: help with Con ops, those guys/gals will kill me if I pooch or over tire any of their staff. Maybe still help with grid wall assembly for art show in the slower time during Thursday day. Send me email at [email protected] and I’ll give you more info. Use subject: logistics help

I would say that my schedule will have me having Sept. 8 off and will have the monday, Sept. 12 off. So, I can be able to lend a hand on those days. I can see on working on Sept. 8 from 10am to 6pm or later if needed. Also, I can do anytime on the monday after the con.

#43639 Quote
    As my schedule is fairly open, I ought to be able to aid in a good majority of the shifts available. I normally do not work on Wednesdays or Mondays, but there’s always a possibility. If my predictions are correct, then I can help with all that is needed. Count me in!

I believe that wonder is the insight to discovering more of the world than we can ever imagine possible.

#43642 Quote
    I got a bottle of my own home made beer or wine for anyone who helps fill in here. (Also made with honey from my own beehive). Its very strong stuff.  Just get a list ^..^

-woofers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.