Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

New fur excited to meet friends!

Home Forums MNFurs Introduce Yourself And How Did You Find MNFurs New fur excited to meet friends!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hi there!

I’m Megan, I live in the west metro area of the Twin Cities. I’m a new furry and have only been in the fandom for about 3 months. I also play the violin, guitar, and ukulele, and I’m a figure skater!

I guess I’ve kind of always been an animal-lover; drawing wolves and cats since I was in kindergarten, reading Warriors, and playing animal games outside with my friends in elementary school.

In freshman year of highschool I was asked by another student if I was a furry. I didn’t fully understand the concept, but I knew that it was stereotypically a bad thing. I think at that point I kind of liked the furry fandom, but didn’t know anything, at all, about it. So I harshly declined and went off on them later over Instagram. Now look at me lol, furry as ever.

My parents are kinda iffy about it. My dad….I don’t really know how he feels. He hasn’t really said anything. My mom I think is trying to accept it. She says she does, but I can sense the awkward tension. She agreed to take me to Furry Migration but I didn’t end up going because we were busy ;-;

I’m really excited to get to meet other furries in the area though! I really want to go to furmeets, I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t know there were so many in the area, but now that I’ve figured that out maybe I can get my mom to take me to the Fall Picnic? My dad wouldn’t lol, it’d be “too weird” for him. But it’s alright.

I found MNFurs by searching for furcons in the area. I wanted to go to a convention to see what the fandom was like, and ended up finding this website!

Right now I’m only on Furry Amino, and haven’t gotten around to getting a FurAffinity account yet…which I should probably do.

So if you want to talk to me, it’d be best to find me on the Amino; I’m MerakiMuffin!

I’m so excited to meet all of you, and get to know the fandom better as well.

See you soon!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Meraki.

See ya around!

-meraki

#56733 Quote
    Welcome to the fandom!! <3

It’s too bad your parents are a bit iffy about the community; my mom was too at first!! Hopefully you can come to some of the meets c: I’m sure the fall picnic would be a great first introduction to the MN furs community!

I’m on furry amino as well, I’m Kozu on there!! I’ll give you a follow, feel free to send me a message anytime if you’d like to chat!! 😀

#56735 Quote
    Welcome!

You should try to get your parents to bring you to the Fall Picnic. Our group is all ages, from teens to people your parents age. And they wouldn’t feel out of place not having a fursuit since only about 40 people will be wearing them – out of the hundreds who show up throughout the day.

Ive been part of mnfurs media team for years and really, we’re no more cringy than the anime fandom XD. We’ll have an information booth setup with a big banner for new people so hopefully you and your parents will stop by and say hello!

#56753 Quote
    Hello and welcome to the community Megan!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.