Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

New here. Hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Hi, my name’s Joseph (obviously.) I’m a Minnesotan (again obvious) and a new(ish) furry, so I kinda want to make some new friends and maybe attend a few events if circumstances provide.

However, I’m a bit uncertain. I have a few concerns about my safety. I’m between the age of 14-17 (not saying exactly how old I am until I’m comfortable doing so,)  so yes, a minor, (I hope that’s okay here!) I’d like to know what I can do to ensure my safety and privacy and how the administrators work to ensure the same for everyone here.

Now this subforum is called “Introduce Yourself And How Did You Find MNFurs” so I guess that means I should say how I found the site! 😛

I don’t remember. I just remember I found it a while back and I recently remembered that it existed! xD

At this point I think people would be expecting some information about my fursona, so I guess here goes that: My fursona is a wolf named Joseph because he’s basically me except for the fact that he’s a fluffy anthropomorphic wolf. xP So whenever I refer to “him,” the same also goes for myself! 😛 Here’s a picture: http://i.imgur.com/hlG9T8W.png (It’s a chibi, not a babyfur, I don’t like babyfurs.) He’s 5’10”, he’s extra fluffy and moderately muscular, but you can’t really tell because of all his fluff and because he’s just a little bit chubby, though you’d immediately notice how strong he is if he/I hugged you! 😛 He’s usually pretty kind, but he can be rather stubborn sometimes. He’s usually very honest and he’s not always the brightest at times and often rather shy.

Now a bit about me: I’ve lived in Minnesota my entire life and I love it here. Except for the winters. The winters are often just too harsh for me. (Beautiful though, and all of the wretched mosquitoes die, bwahahaha!) Almost every year I go up to the north shore with my family, which is very fun! In fact, this coming Monday, (the 11th,) I’ll be going up there for a week for the second time this year! After which I’ll be going to camp. So yeah, the next few weeks are going to be exciting! xD

So I guess that’s it! 😛

*Goes to post then realizes reading some site rules would be a good idea* Gee, I can’t seem to find any. O,o If someone could link them to me, that’d be nice. xD

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Joseph.
    #42894 Quote
    Hi there, the name’s LGslam. Welcome to MNFurs it’s nice to meet you. *Extends paw out*
    #42896 Quote
    Jeez, that was fast! xD Hi! *Shakes paw* :3
    #42897 Quote
    Welcome! I’m new to the site myself but been a fur for quite some time 🙂 I’m pretty young myself but not a minor, this group is pretty open to all age groups! If you don’t feel comfortable at a group ever you can always bring someone older then you like a friend or parent! Hope to see yea at some meet ups sometime!
    #42898 Quote
    Hihi, and okay, thank you. c: My parents (or at least one of them) would come with me to an event anyway because they care a lot about my safety, which I respect. And my younger brother might come with since he’s kinda a furry (he’s just in it for the art) and because we’re totes besties until the world’s ending and we do pretty much everything together. xD And yeah, we might meet eachother. xP
    #42899 Quote
    Hi, I’m new to the site as well but I’ve been a fur for as long as I can remember. So far everyone on the site is pretty friendly! Hope you have fun both here and at whatever met you happen to go to! :3
    #42900 Quote
    Yes hello. c;
    #42902 Quote
    Welcome to the family ^.^
    #42903 Quote
    Thanks!
    #42904 Quote
    Hey there Joseph and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and it’s great to have you here.  *Paw shake*

I am part of the MNFurs staff so please do not hesitate to ask questions.  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#42905 Quote
    Hi Drake! *Shakes paw* I like your profile picture!

And, well, in my original post there’s sorta a question on how you can ensure my safety and whatnot. xD

#42906 Quote
    Welcome welcome!!

Im a total trash mammal.

#42907 Quote
    Hi there, Joseph! I’m a minor as well, and from my experience, this community is safe and welcoming to all ages. c: Like Slobs said, you can always bring a parent with you to meet-ups; I had my dad with me when I went to FM last year, and it gave him a very positive first impression of furries.

Haha, I agree, I can’t stand the winters here either. I hope you enjoy going up north though! My family likes to spend time there in the summer, too, it’s always a fun getaway.

Welcome to MNFurs! Hope to meet you at an event sometime! c:

#42911 Quote
    Thank you for the warm welcome, Rubeus! c:

Mind telling me more about FM?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Joseph.
    #42914 Quote
    Hi Joseph,

It’s nice to meet you. My name is Aerak (pronounced Eric) and I’m one of the board of directors for MNFurs.

We have a number of teenagers who attend our regular bi-weekly meets. Typically less than a dozen, compared to around 30-60 (depending on the weekend), most of which are in their twenties. You are definitely not a lone though and there are people your own age and younger who attend our events.

All of our biweekly meets (and most of our other meets too) are appropriate for all ages. They are all in public places, and they are all staffed by us. We are a full fledged nonprofit corporation. Most of our board of directors wear pins identifying them as such. Our staff, such as Drake, are usually quick to spot new members and introduce themselves.

If you have any specific questions on safety, or concerns, feel free to let me know. =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.