Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

New to MNFurs

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nope, you wouldn’t be out of place at all. While we do have some fursuit specific events each month – like fursuit bowling – our bi-weekly furmeets in Hopkins are not fursuit friendly. Even at a fursuit friendly event, you still wouldn’t be out of place without one. Only about 1 in 5 furries owns a fursuit.

If you are ever curious, you can find out more about upcoming events by scrolling to the bottom of the webpage. We have links to the five closest events listed there.

#43264 Quote
    Nathan to add on more to what Aerak has said above, fursuits are never a requirement either.  While a lot of events have the allowed option to fursuit, it is not a must so you are definitely not out of place.

To look at it in a different light, see it as a fun opportunity to see other community members in suit to see the different characters in action.  Interact and socialize with them and this may help you figure out what you want to do as far as fursuits go.  By the way, do you plan getting a fursuit soon?  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#43273 Quote
    Ah, nice! That’s a relief~

First, I need to pay off my student loans (almost done), then I need to move out of my parent’s house, and then I’ll start thinking seriously about getting  one. Maybe around this time next year~

#43274 Quote

First, I need to pay off my student loans (almost done), then I need to move out of my parent’s house, and then I’ll start thinking seriously about getting one. Maybe around this time next year

Ah gotcha, student loans are always a journey…Reminds me of my college days starting back in 2006.  I went to a small tech college and was living with my parents at the time.  I graduated in 2008 and landed my career job right away.  I hope that you are able to get them paid off quickly and out of curiosity, what are you studying for in college?  🙂

Once you move out, I hope you can find some cool room mates…Maybe furs =p

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#43278 Quote
    I ended up withdrawing from college for personal reasons, and I’ve been feeling a lot better since then. I also had the worst roommate imaginable in college x3 I still don’t know what I want to do, but when I figure that out I’ll go to trade school.

It would be amazing if I could live close to work and if my roommates were furs as well. In addition, I could finally be open about my sexuality because I know they won’t treat me differently just because I’m bi. It sucks being stuck in the closet, if you know what I mean ;;

#43289 Quote

I ended up withdrawing from college for personal reasons, and I’ve been feeling a lot better since then. I also had the worst roommate imaginable in college x3 I still don’t know what I want to do, but when I figure that out I’ll go to trade school. It would be amazing if I could live close to work and if my roommates were furs as well. In addition, I could finally be open about my sexuality because I know they won’t treat me differently just because I’m bi. It sucks being stuck in the closet, if you know what I mean ;;

I withdrew from college as well. Kinda had my parents pressuring me into it, but felt I was just wasting money since I didn’t know what to do at the time.

While I do recommend college, you can make it without it as long as you are determined. Trade school and certificate programs can be a good way to go.

That is the nice thing about furries – that feeling of acceptance for who you are. That being said, things are better than ever in MN for gay people. I’m bi, and used to be I’d feel out of place in some areas holding my boyfriends hand or showing affection. That’s not the case anymore. Most areas it’s a non issue.

#43303 Quote
    That’s great to hear, I’ll probably feel awkward for a while but I’ll get more comfortable as time goes on. Maybe a bit too comfortable, lol ;;
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.