Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Nightshift Furries?

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance Off topic Nightshift Furries?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    For those that don’t know me I am Sauce, I work nights so very rarely come out for daytime events and meetups. Makes it pretty lonely though I do play alot of Xbox and Playstation during my freetime so I am not totally isolated. Wondering if anyone else is a nightshifter/3rd shift in our little community? I would love to spend more time going out and seeing the world but doing it alone is a little boring and sometimes the options are limited.

Anyone else up at night and sleeping during the day (not a vampire…) and would be interested in getting out more? I work Monday through Thursday from 10pm-8am but am open for friday, saturday, or Sunday nights for adventure. Been trying to go to various concerts lately (Prince’s death lit a fire, trying to see everyone on my bucket list before they die) and random events.

I listen to EDM, industrial, metal, and some limited rock (nostalgia), don’t mind some outdoor events like 5Ks or paintball but don’t really get into the camping thing, and often drink when appropriate.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Sauce.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Sauce.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Sauce.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Sauce.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Sauce.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Sauce.

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#42497 Quote
    I’m here with ya on nights. I work 5:45pm-6:10am on rotating days, usually meaning if I work Mon-Tues I have Wed-Thurs off, and work Fri-Sunday. Then repeat but opposite off/on. I get out a decent amount, usually going to the beach, hiking, camping, or other random things like photography and love going to concerts. Rock/metal/edm tends to be my top choices. Trying to get back into better shape too, so along with weight lifting I’m trying to run more.

I also play a good amount of video games on PS4 & PC, as well as still playing drums. I have way too many hobbies lol. Me and my girlfriend are almost always up for socializing, and seem to end up near the cities a decent amount. I’m always up for a trip to the gun range or a bar to just hang out, especially to get to know more of this awesome community.

#42498 Quote
    for me it’s similar, 12:30-10:30 or so.
    #42499 Quote
    Good stuff folks, we should try and start a get-together, I understand we need to revolve given Andrew’s schedule but I am totally up for it. I am looking for a bar/coffee shop that is open for most the night, any suggestions? I would love to have a place we can go regularly.

Nocturnal

#42501 Quote
    I guesss it really depends what area you’re thinking to look for a place. I also know my schedule for the entire rest of this year minus overtime and days I switch, so I’m fairly easy to make plans with if things are flexible by a few days, especially if planned far enough in advance.

I did used to frequent Perkins near me late at night, but no alcohol can be a bummer on nights you just want a cold one 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by AtomiK.
    #42503 Quote
    Tis true, I love Perkins and Denny’s but would rather have some wings and a beer sometimes. I’m in Maplewood so pretty close to the cities, I am thinking maybe someplace halfway to make it easier on mileage.

Couple of coffee shops I found, first one serves beer too

Hard Times Cafe Monday – Sunday: 6 a.m. – 4 a.m.
    Muddy Waters Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 2 a.m.; Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 2 a.m

Nocturnal

#42504 Quote
    Little Tijuana Restaurant Minneapolis Open until 3 a.m
    Caffrey’s Deli and Subs Minneapolis Open until 3 a.m
    Taco Taxi Minneapolis Open until 2 a.m. Monday-Thursday, 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday
    Hard Times Café Minneapolis closing time of 4 a.m
    Eli’s Food and Cocktails Minneapolis Open until 2 a.m

Nocturnal

#42505 Quote
    Those are the ones I could find via a net search though the articles they came from are 2013 and 2011 so they may not still be around. I don’t mind Perkins though, I found a perfect meal that is $4 but again no booze so we may need to search more….

Nocturnal

#42509 Quote
    Can’t say I’ll be staying on third for very long (as I’m trying to get off of it) but I’ve been third shift for a bit over two years now and I’m expecting to be on third for at least a bit, if not full on swing shift, once I make it to MN (less than a week left until move-in!). That said, I’m also a night owl – or night snow leopard, as it were – so I’d be likely to make any meetup if my weekends match up or I have time in advance to request off.

As far as hanging out while on third shift goes, I know the main problem has always been finding others on the same sleep schedule and finding places still open to go to while you’re awake. I mean, you can only play so many videogames when no one else is awake – and I play a LOT of videogames.

Again, I don’t know what my situation will be when I’m actually IN Minnesota, but third shift for where I work typically goes 9pm to 6:30am, and right now I’m on Xbox One two metric helluvalots whenever I’m done with work.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Marg.
    #42541 Quote
    Its kewl Marg, I know the situation but then again I love nightshift though again same problems. I play alot of Destiny and Doom on both consoles. I think for now we need a center location and then we can start scheduling

Nocturnal

#42550 Quote
    I feel your pain. I’m usually working 2pm-7am. I would be down to hang out and get to know some folks.
    #42612 Quote
    Its on the planning stage at this point, I think we could potentially start with a weekly meet. I would suggest we look over the list of places and determine which ones work and which do not, also as stated previously we could just do a Perkins since they generally have more room and are 24/7. How about we list where we are coming from (just the city is fine, don’t need specifics) and we can figure out a good halfway point.

I am in Maplewood

Nocturnal

#42625 Quote
    Being mostly nocturnal myself, I’d be interested. I stay on the border of Lakeville and Apple Valley, but I’m frequently in the cities.

As far as Hard Times Cafe goes; I’ve been there a few times. They sell vegan exclusive food as well as catering to other niche diets. Don’t let that frighten you, though. Their Pancakes are fucking delicious. (And I’m definitely an omnivore, so no weird bias)

They have board games and stuff, too. People loiter… It’s interesting to say the least.

:: shrug ::

I’m down for other places too, I just figured I’d share what I knew. ^v^;

#42626 Quote
    I’m up got just about any of the options. Im coming from Monticello.
    #42739 Quote
    Alrighty, let’s map this out:

Sauce – Maplewood 45 mins to Monticello,
    Andrew – Monticello 1hr 4min 62.1mi to Lakeville
    Pokeihl Karasu – Lakeville and Apple Valley 38min 34.5mi  to Maplewood

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/minnesota/monticello-282033241/to/us/minnesota/lakeville-282023913/to/us/minnesota/maplewood-282027423/to/us/minnesota/apple-valley-282026090

Looks like Brooklyn Park/Plymouth is the closest we can get to equal-distance. Any ideas?

Nocturnal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.