Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Ocean of Solitude

Home Forums General Discussions Writing Ocean of Solitude

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    It isn’t very often that I am honest with myself but I wrote this poem to relate what depression is really like, for those that do not know

I always knew I was destined to disappear

Into the blankets of space and time

Balancing on the silky threads of reality and dream

reality is a TV-Static, distorted and an illusion projected for our desires

On and on in my mind there is an open tundra, where a low wind howls and the ice chills to the bone

voices echo through in every which direction of the room, not belonging just in one place

it is difficult to understand the voices, as it appears to be heard from underwater-Distant. Unbelievable.

Faces peer in through the reflection, but they too are distant and far away. I want to say something my lips are chocked out of air, pressure tightening around my neck-an cruel chain

but even through suffering, you can find beauty

looking up I see the brilliant diamond pattern of the waves-a gate to outside and there is peace

the sandy bottom floating effortlessly  like butterfly wings beneath

I am nonexistent now, one with the particle  and waves, not in one body but in many.

a native of this barren land.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Spitfire.

"You decide the outcome of your success"

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.