Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

October Community Meeting

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times October Community Meeting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    The next MNFurs open forum community meeting is being held at Lynde’s Restaurant in Osseo on Tuesday, August 7th at 7pm. We are trying out a new venue in the north metro area for this Community Meeting and would love your feedback about the location.

For those that have not attended a MNFurs Community Forum meeting, these open meetings cover past events, future events, general questions, and discussions on how to improve the group and the community.

This is a great way not only to voice your thoughts on future and past MNFurs events but also become more involved and learn how you can help out the community.

As always everyone is welcome to come and participate. An online chat will be available and announced the night of for those who wish to participate remotely on our local website chat.

Date: Tuesday October 7th
    Time: 7pm – 9pm
    Food: American Diner – Homestyle Meals
    Cost: $10-15 per entree, very reasonable for the portions you get.
    Fursuit Friendly?: No

#25818 Quote
    Now I am sure that is a typo but shouldn’t that read for October, not August for the main bit of info?
    #25832 Quote
    Hmm, that’s close to where I work, but I don’t get a long enough lunchbreak.
    #25876 Quote
    I will be at the meeting to broadcast and moderate the online chat. Stay tuned to the chat and I will announce when I have it going.

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#25880 Quote
    Not attending due to it being very north for me…TinyChat is a possibility though.

Also, shouldn’t this thread be in the Meeting Notes and Times sub-forum?  Just inquiring because I noticed it is currently in Events.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#25901 Quote

Not attending due to it being very north for me…TinyChat is a possibility though. Also, shouldn’t this thread be in the Meeting Notes and Times sub-forum? Just inquiring because I noticed it is currently in Events. ~ Drake M.

Technically it probably should be over there. A lot more people see it if it’s in events. But from technical yes it should be there.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#25967 Quote
    Have to get confirmation from Shadow but we might be there.  🙂
    #26035 Quote
    Here is the Agenda for tonight’s community meeting. Again I’ll have printed copies available as well. I expect the “business” portion to go fast so I’m reserving most of the time for the discussion in the second half.

Old Business

-Convention Recap – Kellic
    -Zoo Boo – Ringer / ???
    -Fall Nature Walk – Yarrick

Department updates

-Community Update/ Events – Yarrick/Ringer/Drake
    -BoD update – (BoD member present)
    -Web – Kurst

New Business

-Alternate November Meet – Yarrick
    -Bowling – Drake/ Ringer
    -Holiday Party
    -Tree of Hope – Unico
    -Open Floor – Anything else from Community?

10 min Break

Discussion on Purpose of the Community meetings – Yarrick / BoD

-What the community meetings are intended to be for
    -Do people find the community meetings of value?
    -Is the current format working? Should we switch to something less formal and more Social?
    -“Town Hall / Agendaless” Meeting Approach – something we want to try?
    -Panels – does this add value and is there anyone willing to submit an idea for a panel for next meeting

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.