Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– October/November Events Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – October/November Events Discussion –

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    – HEY THERE! –

Hey there, your Events fox here!  I have been on the down low for a good portion of the summer…Most of this due to life getting busy (work especially), keeping my sanity, and house projects.  This month and next month I am deeming off limits for me with FM and the Fall Picnic.  Let’s talk about October and November shall we?  I have stuff I want to do again since it’s been a while…Fursuit romp, possibly mini-golf before it gets too cold, sushi gathering, bowling at some other venues, mall hangouts, etc.

Feel free to discuss more ideas here as well as chit chat, speak your mind, etc!

Also, a glimpse of the future, the start of 2019 we will be doing something fun.  =)

~ Drake M.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#53812 Quote
    I think it would be cool to do a werewolf party. We could watch werewolf movies and play Ultimate werewolf. I know there is already a werewolf camp event, but there should be something Halloweeny for us to do in the fall.
    #53820 Quote
    I love sushi! would totally be down for that. Any thoughts on maybe getting a halloween group together to go out on halloween?

#53831 Quote

I think it would be cool to do a werewolf party. We could watch werewolf movies and play Ultimate werewolf. I know there is already a werewolf camp event, but there should be something Halloweeny for us to do in the fall.

What is Ultimate Werewolf?

I love sushi! would totally be down for that. Any thoughts on maybe getting a halloween group together to go out on halloween?

This sounds like fun and of course would take a lot of planning…First a location to meet and then going as a group from there.  Do you have any ideas of your own on what suburb of the twin cities to do track or treating in suit?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#53833 Quote

What is Ultimate Werewolf

It is basically Mafia, but werewolves instead of hitmen. It is a social game with very few rules and a moderator/story teller. With the expansions I have, I think I can run a game of up to 75 people

#53856 Quote

This sounds like fun and of course would take a lot of planning…First a location to meet and then going as a group from there. Do you have any ideas of your own on what suburb of the twin cities to do track or treating in suit? ~ Drake M.

So, I live in west st paul but am also familiar with the neighborhood around grand ave and summit as I used to live on grand ave in st paul. I know there’s a good sushi place on grand called sajiya. Might also be a nice neighborhood for some trick or treating. very pedestrian friendly. The area around west st paul where I live has some road construction which I don’t know if it will be finished by then. They usually have this big indoor trick or treat thing they do in a big wearhouse thing, don’t quiet remember what it was called. Would also be open to any mall trick or treating if they let us wear fursuits.

#53879 Quote

So, I live in west st paul but am also familiar with the neighborhood around grand ave and summit as I used to live on grand ave in st paul. I know there’s a good sushi place on grand called sajiya. Might also be a nice neighborhood for some trick or treating. very pedestrian friendly. The area around west st paul where I live has some road construction which I don’t know if it will be finished by then. They usually have this big indoor trick or treat thing they do in a big wearhouse thing, don’t quiet remember what it was called. Would also be open to any mall trick or treating if they let us wear fursuits.

Hmm, never heard of that place, will have to look it up sometime after FM.

What is the name of this venue that does indoor trick or treating?  I may reach our to them.

Thanks F. Foxxy!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#53899 Quote
    The two most popular indoor events that I remember from last year are eagan’s halloween hodgepodge https://www.cityofeagan.com/halloween and arlington hills safe summer nights https://apm.activecommunities.com/saintpaul/Activity_Search/safe-summer-night-3rd-annual-fall-celebration/45976

I couldn’t find the exact one I was talking about in west st paul-it only advertised locally with fliers and sadly I can’t remember what it was called. There is a rather large outdoor event at doge nature center and an outdoor event on grand ave. Also Maplewood mall and the mall of america have “Howl-o-ween” indoor trick or treating events as well. I would love to go trick or treating at any of these- indoor of course we wouldn’t have to worry about weather.

#53903 Quote
    Thanks H. Foxxy!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#54098 Quote
    – HEY THERE –

Hey there, Events fox here!  Below are some quick updates…

OCTOBER –> Fursuit Romp (Announcement coming soon) + In conversations with another community member on an event idea + Oval Fur Meet

NOVEMBER –> Going to arrange a sushi gathering and hopefully go back to the Super Bowl for community bowling

DECEMBER –> I am wishing for early snow because a snow-filled fursuit romp is fun

JANUARY –> 2019 Holiday Party (Announcement later this year)

Going back to October…I still want to try and arrange some sort of trick-or-treat outing and this can be suit and non-suit friendly.  Halloween this year is on a Wednesday so hmm…

Discuss, brainstorm, talk, share, etc 😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#54101 Quote
    Man I’d love to go to all of these!! What areas are these mainly going to take place at? I’m in Blaine, Coon Rapids area close to Northtown Mall

- Stay Funky

#54108 Quote

What areas are these mainly going to take place at?

Most of these will be taking place within the 494/694 loop.  Only exception is bowling which is up in Ramsey.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#54351 Quote
    – IN THE WORKS –

For November I am going to arrange another evening of unlimited bowling.  Official announcement coming later in October!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.