Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Oh My~

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello there! Utter novice, here to get your attention!

I’ve always loved the furry community, from a young age- their energy, and the absolutely fascinating worlds and characters they created… But I never considered becoming one, until a couple years ago.

The first video I came across, as I was considering this curious notion, was Tayerr’s winning dance at Anthrocon 2014! Since then Albinotopaz, Tayerr’s creator, has been my main inspiration as a furry.

Only yesterday, however, did I decide to truly dedicate myself to the idea.

Last month I moved to MN for the first time in my life. I’m completely new to this state. I moved to St. Cloud to be with my older sister… (honestly, I’ve read the mosquitos are monstrous here, and I’m terrified of the coming summer.) I found this place after google searching “fur meets MN”. I want to learn what it means to be a furry, from people, face-to-face! <3

Oh, and my name! Kine is just a name, but “lait” (pronounced LAY) is milk in French. Really, I’m a milk-based lifeform. I chug chocolate milk like no one’s business.

If you combine Kine with Lait, it sounds like “kindly”, which is what I’m all about!

#47023 Quote
    Hi Kine,

My name is Aerak, one of the board members of MNFurs. The wonderful thing about our fandom is the diversity. That diversity spans everything from age, to race and gender,  sexual orientation, beliefs, hobbies… the list goes on and on. If you are ever curious about furry in more detail I’d be happy to speak to you about it in either private messages here on the site, or an instant messenger of your choosing.

If you are looking for furry meetups, we do have one happening in Saint Cloud in a few weeks, though most of the furry population is in the twin cities, which, luckily isn’t too far from St Cloud. You can find all of our upcoming events, and info on them, at the bottom of the website.

Welcome to the group! =)

#47027 Quote
    Hello Kine and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.  *Paw shake*

As Aerak has already specified, we are a diverse furry community here in Minnesota with plenty of events and other activities going on monthly.  I hope to see you at some future events and hope that you have fun and make many new friends!

I am also part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#47030 Quote

HEYY!! I’m from st.cloud too!! :DDD we have to hang sometime and maybe I can show you how I make fursuits or something? Super excited to have a new fellow fuzzy in the community! Also it might be a good idea to go to the st.cloud meet at the library as said above and I will be hosting a meet up at the skatin place sometime! 😀 feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

"The greatest value comes from loving yourself for who you are" ~Lindsey Stirling

#47032 Quote
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
    #47034 Quote
    welcome welcome!!

Im a total trash mammal.

#47035 Quote
    Hello there, I’m LGslam. Welcome to MNFurs, it’s nice to meet you. *extends paw out*
    #47044 Quote
    Hello there, Mr. Slam! *shakes paw vigorously*
    #47062 Quote
    Hello Kine

I’m MKgaro, but you can call me MK or Garo! 🙂

I hope you really like it here! Hope to see you at a fur meet. *Offering a hug*

(P.S. The Mosquitos aren’t that bad once you experience it. Trust me)

#47063 Quote
    Hello and welcome to the community Kine!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#47446 Quote
    Hey nice to have you here! I always carry bug spray, you should too… they really are monstrous D;

The kind of fart that sounds like a question

#47453 Quote
    Welcome to the community Kine!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.