Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Online Pathfinder Game, Interested? New Player Friendly

Home Forums General Discussions Card, Board, and Role Playing Gaming Online Pathfinder Game, Interested? New Player Friendly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hello Everyone who finds this!

It’s about 5am my local time and I am always the most inspired on ideas at this hour (yay sleep disorders!). So, I got to wondering if anyone out there would be interested if there was a semi-regular online Pathfinder game open to any players. I’d run it through Discord (free) for voice chat and Roll20.net (free) for basic visuals. If you don’t know Pathfinder, no problem! I would also ask all players to use PCGen (free) for character generation. I really like how it flows and it would help a lot in keeping players on the same page for limitations and simplify creating sheets.

My general idea is to take the Kingmaker campaign of Pathfinder and twist it to my own design. I like how it presents some quests and areas to explore, but I feel like much of it can be expanded from quick events to miniture dungeon crawls. This would also give me the flexibility to alter events and monsters as needed to balance for players available per game.

I currently participate in a weekly RP game, a bi-monthly LARP, and have over 10 years of RP experience. Now I want to keep flexing my Storytelling muscles and fill the role of Dungeon Master / Storyteller leading the game. I’ve dabbled with it before and currently run as back-up DM for my weekly group, but I would love more experience and fully willing to teach others how to play.

If there is enough interest then we can move on to discussing times that would be more agreeable for more potential players.

#47705 Quote
    I’m potentially interested. I can’t guarantee that I will have the time to reliably participate. Even if I’m bumped out by schedule conflicts or spots filling up, I’d love to help with the story as I’m able.

Also, I might be interested in translating the campaign into prose as it goes along – it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while.

#47706 Quote
    Hmm I may be interested if it fits my schedule. Also what LARP is local to here?

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#47707 Quote
    Lunos: The way I want to set up the campaign would be designed flexible to rune events based on players who can make it, trying to keep things wrapped up per session or segment events so they can be put on pause without being magically in a time stop.

Snow: I’ll send you some details!

#47710 Quote
    same things as snow, I may play if If the time slot is good. also I’ve been meaning to find a local LARP I can get to.
    #47712 Quote
    I would be very interested in joining and so would one of my friends. And from what it is sounding like, it sounds like a ‘West Marches Game”. but yeah, My friend is not in any groups with the furs or any groups at all. So, I would like to ask some other things too Snowjay, if you could message me directly on telegram (that is if you still use it at all), that would be great. ttyl, baking brownies!
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Fayna.
    #47717 Quote
    If this ends up being weekend evenings sure but otherwise I would love to hear about your adventures!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#47721 Quote
    Sauce: Well, I’m actually looking for a player on sunday nights to be consistent and be very serious about the game. My last few players were always distracted by everything not game related and it was terrible. So if you wanna join that, I would love to hear from you!
    #47723 Quote
    I’d love to play but not fond of kingmaker adventure path (good path but not my favorite) but count me as resource for either gm or players if you want to know how to build furry characters, have many books and tricks on how to do that.
    #47734 Quote
    @ Procyon: I’m not using Kingmaker adventure path to play what is written in the book. For me, it’s a reference of  things to do, but, I’m going to put my own spin on all of it. It won’t be Kingmaker if you actually know Kingmaker. I only mention Kingmaker because it has lots of pre-made ideas… but I think a lot of them are restrictive or suck because it tells players how they should build or play to get maximum opportunities. There are also many small-ordeal events that I think could be dungeon crawls in their own rights, and Kingmaker makes them too small. I want to put focus on players being heroes (or villains) based on the skills they want to use. To be honest, I hate games that become “perception check every room you go in or miss 90% of everything planned out or lootable”.

@ Fanya: Yup, still use my telegram! And it seems we got in contact already.

@ Saunce: Weekends, noted. 🙂 I have a side job that randomly takes me away for full weekends, so I’m a little more leaning on a weekday. If a lot of people really need weekends though, I’ll have to be smarter about scheduling to make this an event.

@ Alcatraz: I’ll PM you the details I sent Snow as well about the LARP I mentioned.

For Everyone:

What times do you think do work for you on a semi-regular basis? What days and what times, approximately? For reference, right now, if I said “6pm-midnight” on Sunday or Tuesday, would that be possible for anyone?

#47753 Quote
    I am able to play Thursday night, all of Friday, and all of Saturday. If it needs to be a different time, I can maybe work it out. Only day I can’t for sure is Sunday nights.
    #47754 Quote
    I’ve never played D&D or any variation on it, but I’d be interested in learning. My schedule is super open, but things pop up all the time. If a schedule gets set up for this, I’ll be able to say if I can make it or not.
    #47756 Quote
    Yup! With how I want to run the game, it’ll be pretty lenient on new players, since I want to focus on what characters are good at based on player interests and what they make important.

I’m just looking for anyone who has feedback on what a good time slot is for them. Enough people are showing interest, but right now I’m pretty sure start time has to be ~6pm and Thursdays or Saturdays twice a month. Thurs is more stable for me, or, Saturdays might conflict with some of the Perkins Meetups but I think more people have Saturdays open for events already?

#47761 Quote
    Neither of those times would work for me sadly.  Sunday my D&D game is 7 to “whenever” and Tuesdays I’m not home until 9ish.

My schedule is thus:
    I have every Sunday off (but D&D at 7)
    I have every other Monday off, I work until 9 every other Monday (schedules until 8:15, half hour drive home)
    I work until 9 every Tuesday.
    I have every other Wednesday off.  I work until 9 every other Wednesday.
    I work until 7:30ish every Thursday.
    I either work until 7 or 9 Friday (I alternate opening and closing each week).
    I work until 9 every Saturday.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#47765 Quote
    Okay. With my sleep disorder and what I have to pick up for work hours, I can’t really do a morning game. So at this point it seems like I can get a time that works for only 2 people at most so far, if I consider doing Thursdays at 8pm or a Saturday or Sunday maybe ~6pm.

If I want to favor Thursdays about 7~8pm start time (like time to log in, set up, actually be playing closer to 8), anyone else able to consider that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.