Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Oval Fur Meets ~ The Present and Future

Home Forums Events Twin Cities Fur Meets Oval Fur Meets ~ The Present and Future

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Oval Fur Meets ~ The Present and Future

Hi there!  I would like to take a moment and talk to everyone about the Oval fur meets and what will be happening now and in the future.  So far the meets at the Oval have been a big success for MNFurs and our community members.  We not only have a big event space to house all of us, but we can bring in our own potluck-style food/beverage items and fursuit, which is something we cannot do at Perkins during the west metro meets.  With the Oval we also have other freedoms like being able to have a sound system plugged in to the room’s equipment closet, store items in the kitchen, setup tables for artwork, fursuit making, art sales, sell merchandise, Meet & Greet for new community members, and so much more.

The Oval fur meets have been going on for a little over a year now.  These meets take time to plan and scheduling them on the right dates so they do not interfere with other events or even other conventions.  We have chosen to have them during the late afternoon and into the evening hours on a Sunday at the end of each month.  This was decided on a list of results from our community members in a forum post by our Events Department before making the fur meets a reality.  In setting up all the dates communication happens between the Events Department, Oval staff, & the MNFurs Board of Directors.  When all of the logistics are fine-tuned we get an announcement up about it for our community to see.

The past with these fur meets have been great and we have received a lot of community feedback on what is liked and items we can improve on.  Each scheduled meet here is always a learning experience for us and we want to have it aligned to what our community members want.  Also at the Oval we’ve hosted Holiday Parties and other general winter parties.

Fast forwarding to the present time we kicked off 2018 with a big January Holiday Party and we doubled in attendance from last year’s party.  We also received strong community feedback on how much it was enjoyed.  In February we will be going back to our regularly scheduled meets here with plenty of other opportunities for fun events in between.

Lastly I want to talk about the future for our Oval meets.  We have meets scheduled up to June and then afterwards the next set of scheduled dates will be on hold for planning.  We want these meets to continue on for our community members, but we also need your help in making this happen.  At each Oval meet we will have a couple areas where you can make a donation.  Please feel free to donate any amount you like whether it’s $5, $10, or more.  All donations gathered go towards these meets and assist in keeping them going.

For further questions/concerns on the Oval fur meets, please email [email protected]

Thank you!

MNFurs Events Team

#50873 Quote
    question: where do you meet at at the Oval, like which room?
    #50878 Quote

question: where do you meet at at the Oval, like which room?

Hi Peter!  The Oval fur meets are in the Rose room.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#50919 Quote
    thanks, I’ll try to get to a couple, especially in the summer, when I have time.
    #57848 Quote

Hello!

I’ve been a lurker for a while but I’ve been itching to get into the local fandom more but I’ve got a bit of social anxiety. Can anyone share what it’s like to attend at oval fur meet? Do people actually suit up? Just any kinda run down would be nice as I’d like to attend with a friend, but we both just wanna better idea as to what goes on and stuff. Any info is great, thanks!!!

#57849 Quote
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENiBaaFWkAEkpGv?format=jpg&name=large

Granted, that photo is the holiday party at the oval, but it’s pretty much what you see but half as busy.

Lots of people hanging out and having a good time. Some play table top games, some chill with coffee chat with their friends, and some fursuit.

#57851 Quote

Hello! I’ve been a lurker for a while but I’ve been itching to get into the local fandom more but I’ve got a bit of social anxiety. Can anyone share what it’s like to attend at oval fur meet? Do people actually suit up? Just any kinda run down would be nice as I’d like to attend with a friend, but we both just wanna better idea as to what goes on and stuff. Any info is great, thanks!!!

Both Perkins and Oval meet styles are very laissez faire when it comes to entertainment. We just ask that people clean up after themselves and avoid getting too loud or disruptive to their neighbors. Perkins being a restaurant is not fursuit friendly, we average 20-30+ furs across the evening. Mostly laid back folks who are here for a bite of food and to play some sort of tabletop game or find a corner to draw. The Oval averages 40-60+ and again a lot of laid back folks who wanna chance to just hang out and create, play games, or socialize. Some it’s an opportunity to suit up as Aerak shown the venue is fursuit friendly.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Twisted.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.