Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Photographers Shout Out

Home Forums General Discussions Photography Photographers Shout Out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    I know there are a number of people in our community who are photographers.  And by this, I mean someone who enjoys taking photos as a hobby.  At MNFurs events, or even just taking photos of random subjects to something very specific.

Regardless of your gear and experience, if you enjoy taking photos and showing your photos to others you fit in here.  I've noticed a lot of photographers tend to shy away from others, so I'm putting this post up to help me break the ice with a few of the shutterbugs in the MNFurs community.  I'm going to do this in a simple Q/A introduction, to which I'll reply to myself.  I encourage fellow photographers to follow suit :).

What are your favorite subjects for Photography?

How long have you been taking photos as a hobby?

Do you enjoy to take Photos at MNFurs events?

What camera(s) do you own/ shoot with (Optional)

Do you have a website or FA where you have some of your work posted? (Optional)

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#9415 Quote

Nature, Landscape, Waterscapes, Zoo Photography, Urban, Event Photography

About 6-7 years

Yes, I’ve taken them both for fun and as an event photographer.

What camera(s) do you own/ shoot with

Canon 60D, Olympus OM E5, Olympus PEN EPM2, Canon Film Rebel, Minolta Vintage Film camera + Lenses, and a few assorted pocket cameras

Do you have a website or FA where you have some of your work posted? 

Yeah: For more of my Furry/Fursuit related work: Yarrick Photograwuff on Flickr

For my General Photography: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/yarrick/ .  I also have a Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28346338@N07 (North Wolf Photography on Flickr)

I’m also going to be working on a Photography Blog as a project soon. That will be at North Wolf Photography on Blogspot covering fun things I’ve done with cameras, my experience and maybe a few gear reviews/comparisons of the gear I own.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by MNFursStaff.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Yarrick. Reason: Updated my gear list and Online presence as this is an old thread become active ^^

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#9420 Quote

People in candid situations. Candid in the sense of true-life, not people posing for the camera. 

8 years

Somewhat. I snap some here and there but not with intent of documenting the full event. 

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (smartphone). I'm looking into getting a good point n'click camera because I love this phone but I'm not as happy with the pictures it takes as I was with the iPhone 4/4s. I've got my eyes on the Canon PowerShot S100. I toyed around with Natua's and fell for it right away. 

1% of my pictures are on Facebook, 99% of them are on my back up hard drive. I mostly take them to have and be able to look back on in reminiscence.

#29970 Quote
    Brand new here so I thought I would give this a shot.

What are your favorite subject for Photography?

My favorite subject are architecture, landscapes, and animals.

I have been taking photos are a hobby since I was in middle school. So since windows 98 came out.

Do you enjoy taking photos of MNFurs events?

I have yet to attend an event, being new, however form what I see from the works done by Yarrick. It looks like it would be most entertaining and interesting.

What camera (s) do you own/shoot with?

Namely I shoot with a Nikon coolpix P500 my other camera is a beloved old Pentax K1000. But I don’t use that one too much anymore. Film is hard to get develop now and my old zoom lens broke.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#29972 Quote

Brand new here so I thought I would give this a shot.
    What are your favorite subject for Photography?
    My favorite subject are architecture, landscapes, and animals.
    I have been taking photos are a hobby since I was in middle school. So since windows 98 came out.
    Do you enjoy taking photos of MNFurs events?
    I have yet to attend an event, being new, however form what I see from the works done by Yarrick. It looks like it would be most entertaining and interesting.
    What camera (s) do you own/shoot with?
    Namely I shoot with a Nikon coolpix P500 my other camera is a beloved old Pentax K1000. But I don’t use that one too much anymore. Film is hard to get develop now and my old zoom lens broke.

Allways nice to see another new photo enthusiast in the community ^_^. I just recently aquried a K 1000 myself (only one lens- just the 50mm) and I have a newer more automatic Canon Film SLR too. I’ve dabbled with the idea of shooting some film again.

I’ve had a blast taking photos with vintage film lenses on my digital mirrorless Olympus cameras through an adapter.

I have a small collection of MF Minolta lenses i’ve picked up from bargin bins for real cheap at used camera stores. It definitely teaches you patience but you can get some great results even on a digital body with Vintage glass.

#29977 Quote
    I agree, but its nice knowing you can decide how the photo will turn out. I’m also down to a 50mm and a 2x tel-converter. Any ideas where I can find a 55mm telescopic lens for a decent price?

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#29978 Quote
    Incog – Try National Camera Exchange. They sell some Vintage stuff albeit they are starting to clearance a lot of it off :/ If they have it, it will be cheap.

Their website is at natcam.com but they don’t list all of their vintage stuff on the website. Best off going to the one closest to you (or Golden Valley because its the biggest) and see if they have something for Pentax

#29979 Quote
    Hmm, lots of things. Animals, people, people dressed as animals, cars, motorcycles, architecture, myself (#fursuitfriday), etc, etc,.

2005 is when I finally picked up a digital camera and started shooting regularly, and I’ve been doing so on and off since then.

I do, but I’m also often busy doing other things.

A Canon DSLR and an iPhone.

Yeah. My non-furry stuff is on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylaub/, and you can see more furry-oriented stuff on my FA/Weasyl and Twitter (both linked in the sidebar).

#29992 Quote

Fursuiters, trains and Dragons

10 years I suppose

Yes!

I’m presently using, Nikon D7100 and A Nikon Coolpix P510

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oswanwolf/

#29996 Quote
    My turn!

Particularly, I love landscapes and interesting features. Trying to get that “Oooh that’s cool” look. Sometimes with people, sometimes not. I really want to try lightpainting at some point too (more than I have at any rate).

I’ve been playing with cameras since I was 8, so about 20 years now, but I’ve been doing higher-end DSLR photography for the last 3-4 years and really loving it.

You know it! Not that I usually do, I’m often doing other things, haha.

My main (and only) real camera at this point is a DSLR, a Canon Rebel T2i. I’m looking at getting either a Canon 7D Mark II or a Canon 5D Mark III as a secondary DSLR and to help when I get asked for weddings or other event photography, and I really want a Canon S110/S120 to throw in my day bag as a quick always-ready camera.

I keep most of mine in dropbox and share, or on a personal photo site I have for friends/family. I don’t really publicly post, though I should at some point!

#30003 Quote

Whatever interests me.  Normally captive wildlife or wildlife.  With some convention/street photography.

30+ years.  Started back in late Elementary school with film.

Depends on if I’m in the mood or not to do “street” photography style photography.

What camera(s) do you own/ shoot with

iPhone, Canon 7D

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mouring/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mouring

#30342 Quote

People, landscapes, buildings, old things, cars, and other things I find interesting or think would look cool.

A year or two is when I started getting more serious and trying to learn and do more with photography. A photography class at school really sparked my interest , it was a class that only used film, so also learned to develop film it was really cool.

Since I a new have not been to any events but when I make it to one eventually, I most likely would take some. It seems really cool so why not.

What camera(s) do you own/ shoot with?

Main: camera is Canon Rebel Xti, others are a Olympus OM-1 like it a lot but hard to get film developed, and some other point and shoots.

Don’t have much on there working on getting more.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131589758@N02/

#39228 Quote

Mostly do portraits, sports, events and concerts but like to dable with street work and will be picking up weddings this summer as well.

Been a hobbyist for 2 years now and been getting paid for gigs for the last 6 months or so.

Sadly i haven’t gotten to attend yet as i just joined the site. Hoping to make Furry Migration my first.

I’m currently using the D7000 series and will be upgrading this summer.

I haven’t gotten to work with any other furs yet when it comes to my photography but i have a website and flickr for commercial work and sharing my portfolio. https://www.flickr.com/photos/131480445@N08/

#39229 Quote

I like landscape and wildlife but my favourite is night sky. Haven’t gotten a lot of chances to do that but it’s been the most fun. Candid stuff with people can be good too. Haven’t really tried doing portraits or anything like that yet but I would give it a go.

With a real camera, just a year. Point and shoot camera since 05.

Have yet to go to one. Hopefully if I get to participate in some of the events I can see what I can do.

I’m using a Olympus OMD EM-10 as my main camera. Panasonic Lumix point and shoot. My camera phone is a LG V10.

Not yet. Still new to this so not really sure what to use. 500px looks interesting but it seems like most people use flickr.

#39263 Quote

My personal favorite is nature/landscape as well as cosplay photos. I do a good amount of work with a few friends for their outfits,, and being an avid hiker/camper nature is what I love!

I have been doing general photography for probly 8 years of and on, but just recently got back into it seriously about 2 years ago and and working hard to improve.

I do! There’s always so much energy and fun to be captured with everyone having a great time.

My main body is a Canon 6d because I was dead set on getting a full frame body. My favorite lenses are 50mm prime, 17-40mm, and a 150-600mm zoom. But since I rent a lot of equipment I’ve used wire a few others I enjoy in the mid range such as the 24-70mm. Side note for Detour, I’ll be toting around a Canon 5ds to get some phenomenal pictures of the room party as well as my photo shoots scheduled with friends.

Right now some of my work can be found on my website, although it does need some organising and cleaning up.  https://atomik.smugmug.com

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.