Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Photography Nature Walk

Home Forums Events Photography Nature Walk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    For all those photographer’s and outdoor hikers in the MNFurs community, we have an event for you! Join us for a late morning hike around the trails i
    [See the full post at: Photography Nature Walk]
    #59697 Quote
    Hi! I was just at Lebanon Hills earlier today,and I would like to add a warning about the wasps and wasp nests all over the trails! If you have an allergy to wasp and bee stings you SHOULD NOT attend this! Luckily my friend and I managed to not get stung but a girl walking in front of us got stung in the ankle without doing anything to agitate the wasps. And when a man walked past us, after he disappeared a ways we *heard* his dog get stung!😢
    #59698 Quote
    If I do end up going I’ll most likely be fursuiting, despite it not being encouraged, due to it helps with my social anxiety

Although, if suits are really not wanted that is okay and I’ll just not attend with my suit

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Ace.
    #59700 Quote
    Sounds fun, I think I will tag along too!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#59721 Quote
    To answer a few specific questions and concerns that were brought up:

In regards to Wasps, and other insects:  This is a Nature walk, there will be a chance of running into problematic insects of different kinds including and not limited to: Wasps, Hornets, Deer Flies, Ticks and Mosquitos.  This time of year Wasps and Hornets can be more active.

I’m sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience Leo, but Lebanon Hills park does not have any more wasp nests then any other park or nature preserve in the Metro area.

This said yes there is always going to be a risk of dealing with insects on nature trails.  We will be sticking mostly to the paved or more well developed trails vs the narrow primitive deep woods trails which means insect encounters, atleast of the swarm variety, will be at a substantially lower risk.  But if you have a phobia or major allergy to insects/insect bites then yes- be prepared; this goes for any time we do an outdoor romp, Picnic or Nature hike at any park between May and September.

In regards to Fursuiting:  The reason Fursuting was listed as “Not Encouraged” was because this event was not designed to be aimed towards Fursuiting; we will not be providing handlers or water, doing planned stops, doing a group photo, etc.

I wanted to make this event different then a Romp as this was aimed at focusing on the Nature aspect and Photography.  If you want to fursuit, yes you can I am not restricting it.  We’re still doing this in a public outdoor space that has no costume laws (Unlike at say a Zoo).

Just note that we won’t be focusing on Fursuiters at this event. So if you wish to Fursuit you should make sure to bring your own handler and water with you, and that you will be responsible for taking your own breaks as needed.

We will be walking at a leisurely rate making regular stops to take photos of things, but it will be quick “stop, take a photo, continue”.  There will be no planned 10-20 minute “de-head cool down” breaks.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#59722 Quote
    I may go, if I can sway my Grandmother to go with me. Due to my social anxiety, I’d likely fursuit there, as well, as it helps me come out of my shell. But I’d still bring my camera, if I were to go. Sounds like loads of fun!!
    #59733 Quote
    Cancelling, working a full day Sunday now on a big project.

Have fun!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#59746 Quote
    I’ll be going! I’ll have to be cautious on these insects I’m reading on here, and maybe buy some insect repellent while I’m at it. I may plan on fursuiting too, and I understand on what’s written on here about that.

I can’t wait to go!

#59748 Quote
    I’m going to come and possibly bring my drone
    #59749 Quote
    I missed the RSVP, but I am considering attending. I need to practice with my camera a bit anyway.
    #59750 Quote

I should be able to make it. I’ll be bringing my partner and dog too!

#59751 Quote
    Yeah that’s fine. RSVP is NOT required for this one; I only ticked it on to give me an idea of whom to look for. We’re in an public outdoor space so there’s no restrictions we need to worry about. See everyone soon!

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#59752 Quote

I’m onsite. The meeting spot is outside the visitors center with the moss covered roof and restrooms. Am standing near the woodpile

#59753 Quote
    Running late but I’m here! What trail is everyone on?
    #59754 Quote
    Thanks to everyone who came out for this today; I know it was a short route but I hope people enjoyed it. I may try to do another one in October at a different park for when the leaves turn. More on that sometime after FM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.