Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Question to the Candidates

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hello and thank you candidates for being willing to run for the role of director!

I’ve got a question I’d love to hear from each of you – why did you choose to run (or re-run) for the board? What is giving you that fire?

#50704 Quote

Hello and thank you candidates for being willing to run for the role of director! I’ve got a question I’d love to hear from each of you – why did you choose to run (or re-run) for the board? What is giving you that fire?

Hey Ridayah- I have been interested in being on the board to see how we can do better as a community. I strongly believe that we can create, promote, and support as a close fandom just as well as so many other groups. Everyone already does a really good job, and I want to help be part of that network to help be a strong foundation for others, especially new or younger folks! My motivation comes from the art side, it’s proven to be such a great group of folks who try and look out for each other, I also love trend research and event planning.

#50720 Quote

Hello and thank you candidates for being willing to run for the role of director! I’ve got a question I’d love to hear from each of you – why did you choose to run (or re-run) for the board? What is giving you that fire?

I see the board position as very important to the smooth running of the organization. I have some background in running a corporation and want to help out where I can. It is not an easy job so I want to be sure that we have enough candidates for people to be interested in the debates and Q&A.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by grumble. Reason: not wanting to imply that we don't have competent candidates
    #50722 Quote
    – MY QUESTION –

Along with deciding to run for board, what skill sets can you bring to MNFurs to assist in achieving what you want to do as a potential board member?

Also, thank you to our candidates who are running!

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#50724 Quote
    I think each question should be separate in the “Meet the Candidates” category.
    #50725 Quote
    Thank you all for the responses so far, much appreciated!

Grumble, I do believe that users do not have posting permission to that forum. (Otherwise I’d have put this there!)

#50732 Quote
    I see my candidacy to the board as a way to really challenge myself and prove that I have the leadership skills and strength of character to really change how the wider world sees the furry fandom. I’d like to bring us more into the light as it were and start doing more events that Center around local communities to bring us into the average person’s neighborhood.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Kizith.

In solitary moments magpies will perch on a branch and mutter soft soliloquies of whines and squeals and chatterings, oblivious to what goes on around them. It is one of those things, I suppose, intelligence now and then does, must in fact now and then do, must think, must play, must imagine, must talk to itself. What, finally, intelligence could be for: finding your way back.

#50734 Quote
    I am skilled in relating to people and being a ‘friendly face’ when asked about my knowledge set. I love learning and have researched the furry fandom from even before I was a member of it! I love explaining and teaching new ideas and concepts to people and I can translate these concepts to everyday terms relatively easily. Plus being a relatively ‘everyman’ (‘everybird’?) myself I have a door in the door in both ‘worlds’ of furry and non furry.

(Apologies Drake, I couldn’t figure out how to stitch my two posts together!)

In solitary moments magpies will perch on a branch and mutter soft soliloquies of whines and squeals and chatterings, oblivious to what goes on around them. It is one of those things, I suppose, intelligence now and then does, must in fact now and then do, must think, must play, must imagine, must talk to itself. What, finally, intelligence could be for: finding your way back.

#50736 Quote

(Apologies Drake, I couldn’t figure out how to stitch my two posts together!)

No worries, thanks for your response to my candidate question!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#50738 Quote

– MY QUESTION – Along with deciding to run for board, what skill sets can you bring to MNFurs to assist in achieving what you want to do as a potential board member? Also, thank you to our candidates who are running! ~ Drake M.

I have some experience in business. long ago I with 4 others formed a Delaware corporation.(that’s gone now due to patent ,legal, and product issues) I am detail oriented and could help with some of the paperwork, but I am also lazy. I don’t really have any plans other than to be sure things continue to function.

#50753 Quote
    Thank you all for the responses so far! 🙂
    #50756 Quote

– MY QUESTION – Along with deciding to run for board, what skill sets can you bring to MNFurs to assist in achieving what you want to do as a potential board member? Also, thank you to our candidates who are running! ~ Drake M.

I’m hyper detail oriented without losing the big picture. I’ve worked often as a teacher and aid in numerous situations (art/cooking/etc.) and with a vast variety of age groups. As one of my interests with MNFurs is to help bring together outside groups and help our younger members of the fandom feel welcome and engaged this is something I can help bring to the table. In addition I love doing market, social, and product research as well as finding ways to share information in fun and approachable ways.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.