Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Regarding furry: Are you open or closed off?

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance Off topic Regarding furry: Are you open or closed off?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    I’m scared to say anything… I’ve been called a furfag before and I didn’t really like it. I may be a weirdo, but I don’t think it’s necessary to make fun of people… Otherwise, I’d probably be more or less open.

Don't touch me unless given permission...please.

#49798 Quote
    My family knows about my interest in the furry fandom, but only two family members know about my fursona.  I don’t talk about it with my coworkers or neighbors.

The only real derision that I have run into was at the Hyatt a few times during the 2017 convention.  Even with my badge, I must have passed for a normie, because once the fursuiters got out of the elevator, there were a few people who just had to share their thoughts about those disgusting furries.

After hearing those remarks, I wouldn’t blame anyone for wanting to keep it quiet. (^._.^)

#49799 Quote
    My thoughts on this: I don’t broadcast it to anyone I don’t think would accept it. Sure, I wear my t-shirts from a few conventions around places but that’s as far as it goes.  If I’m not at a convention or in full suit, I just blend into the crowd.  As for what happened to you dor-cat: Yeah… people are always going to talk behind the backs of people. Especially in this state of “Minnesota Nice.”  Anything that isn’t part of their life is weird, and there’s no sense in trying to convince most people otherwise.  Sadly it’s something anyone who cosplays or fursuits has to deal with.  I shrug off negative comments nowadays. Not worth getting angry about it and is nothing you can do about it.  Best we can do is just not shove it in people’s faces (outside of events/conventions really) and not worry about what others do or think, unless it becomes an actual problem.
    #49801 Quote

I’m scared to say anything… I’ve been called a furfag before and I didn’t really like it. I may be a weirdo, but I don’t think it’s necessary to make fun of people… Otherwise, I’d probably be more or less open.

That’s a horrible thing to be called! I’m sorry to hear that. *hugs*

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Tyrell.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Tyrell.

Engineer by day, artist by night.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.