Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Requesting Advice on Tablets

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance Off topic Requesting Advice on Tablets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hey fuzzies! Asking here because I know we have a lot of gadget-enthusiast furs in the area.

I’m wanting to get digital notepad of some sort. The main purpose is for note-taking and drafting diagrams and charts – I’m taking a coding class and find physical paper to be lacking – I wind up with too many loose pieces of paper, hard to erase and redraw, etc. Bonus points if I could use it for drawing too. Ideally, anything where I can save/load sketches and draw with a stylus directly onto the image I’m working on – everything else is gravy.

I’m considering tablets, surfaces, the Bamboo Slate, etc.

I’d like to keep costs under $200 as otherwise it’s probably more than what I need it for and I don’t think I’d make use of features etc that would exceed that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, fuzzies!

#47492 Quote
    I have two Microsoft Surface Pro 1’s that I’d be willing to part with one of. Both are identical 128gb i5 models. You could even try them out to see if it would work for what you need. They are both in used but good condition, as they have been my workhorses for a long time coming to cons and vacations for on the spot photo editing. One will be cheaper than the other as the headphone jack died, so you can only use the built in speakers or Bluetooth for listening to stuff (which is why I purchased my second one as I use it for my e-drum processing). Either one would include the keyboard cover, charger and a stylus. Let me know if you’d be interested!
    #47494 Quote
    Yas please. PM me at your leisure!
    #47495 Quote
    Honestly, and believe me as an Android user I’m loathe to say this, but the best experience I’ve seen with a digital pen is the iPad Pro with a Pencil.  That being said, the Pencil accessory ALONE is about your budget.

I do have an Nvidia Shield Tab which is around that price and the stylus is definitely functional (works decently with Autodesk Sketchbook and handwriting input) but it doesn’t have pressure sensitivity.  I also find the OS to randomly lag for no apparent reason which is odd considering it’s a barely modified version of vanilla.  The Shield is an 8 inch tablet.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.