Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

>self.introduction_MindKog

Home Forums MNFurs Introduce Yourself And How Did You Find MNFurs >self.introduction_MindKog

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hey everyone, been in the area for a while but never really got into the community. Moved to st louis park from wisconsin a few years ago and just been workin since then. Recently started looking into the rl side of this fandom and was kinda surprised there’s a local body of furs. Figured this is the best place to investigate! I passed on the recent fm convention ’cause i had to work, and large events tend to stress me out more than anything. I’d love to come hang out at some smaller meets and get to know some of you though!

I like to create things, mostly art and music, and have been learning how to sculpt action figures recently too. Big fan of scifi aesthetics and stuff like that. (reaally slow at making anything in the way of sona’s, but I’m close to having something of a race design to start building character ideas off of)

anyway I’m hoping to catch this Saturday’s perkins meet, anything I should know ahead of time?

#49304 Quote
    Just to be prepared to have an awesome time. 😀 The turnout for the Saturday meets varies depending on the day, but there will generally be anywhere from 12-30 people throughout the course of the night, some staying longer than others. If you’re a board/card gamer of any sort, you can feel free to join the handful of us for some games. There’s usually dozens of games to choose from between a few of us who typically bring the games. Just come by and say “Hi, can I join?” and we’ll be like “Hells yeah!” 😀

Also, welcome to the community. :3

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Arren Jevleth.
    #49306 Quote
    Hi MindKog! Welcome!

I’m pretty new to the fandom too.  The convention last weekend was my first real interaction with the furry community.  I, on the other hand, get more stressed about smaller meetups!

What sort of art and music you like to create? I’m a huge sci-fi nerd and can always appreciate capturing essence and feel of it.  I’m always on the lookout for a 3d modeler or 2d artist.  Looking to commission some art for my Eve Online corporation. Also been trying to find a 3d modeler for some game dev work I am doing.

Cheers!  See you Saturday!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Ezo.

SergalJerk!  Eve Online's Premier Furry PvP Corporation!

#49312 Quote
    @Arren Jevleth  sounds like fun! looking forward to it.

@Ezo Good to know I’m not the only new guy!

I’ve been getting more comfortable with taking coms lately, so I’d be happy to help you out. Not very good with 3d but here’s some examples of what i do:

(illustration) https://www.furaffinity.net/view/24661585/ https://www.furaffinity.net/view/21195755/

(music comp) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_ZPwPXLis

Feel free to to add me on telegram if you wanna chat! think im simply under “mindkog”

#49315 Quote
    Hi there MindKog and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and it’s awesome to meet you.  *Paw shake*

I hope that you are able to make some good footing in our community and that you enjoy yourself.

I am also part of the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions/concerns!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#49322 Quote
    That’s some pretty music. Or more accurately, a soundtrack. What kind of software do you use to make it? Presumably a midi keyboard as well?
    #49323 Quote
    thank you! I use Ableton Live to write, along with various instrument libraries and plugins. I do have a usb midi keyboard for working out melodies. but tbh I can’t perform music that well, just not coordinated enough.
    #49329 Quote
    Excellent stuff my friend.

SergalJerk!  Eve Online's Premier Furry PvP Corporation!

#49336 Quote
    Hi!  Oh neat, I like sci-fi as well. Welcome to the group.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.